SUMMER CHALLENGE...WEEK 1 CHALLENGE!

Options
fitmom_pam1976
fitmom_pam1976 Posts: 1,192 Member
I decided to post the WEEK 1 Challenge already so we all have a chance to get ready! This challenge will start on Thursday. As I mentioned previously, in this SUMMER CHALLENGE there are no teams. I will be posting a FITNESS CHALLENGE and NUTRITIONAL CHALLENGE each week.

Here goes:

WEEK 1 NUTRITIONAL CHALLENGE:

I know that none of us are NEW to this weightloss journey. So we all know that our water intake is very important! I have noticed that as the weather gets warmer, although I am drinking plenty of water, I am also more tempted to drink other fluids (juices, iced teas, diet soda, etc.) So this week's challenge is WATER ONLY. Do not consume any other fluids besides water for this week. I understand that this can be challenging for many of us. But let's really try to challenge ourselves! Even if we take baby steps. For example, if you are used to drinking 3 diet cokes.....cut down to 1. It is all about trying our best! :drinker:

WEEK 1 FITNESS CHALLENGE:

Again, many of us are in an active exercise routine. So this week's challenge is 100 sit ups per day. This can be done in one chunk or spread out through the day. You have the option to scale this down to 50 or bump in up to 200. Pick a number and commit! Let's have fun with this!!!!

Let's use this thread to track how we are doing!!!!!!!!! Best of luck to everyone!!!!!!!!

Pam :)

Replies

• momreloading
    momreloading Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    So good!! Beginning today!!:drinker:
  • WendyCollinson2004
    WendyCollinson2004 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Oh my, this is great. I have been having a problem drinking a lot of soda of late. Although I had decided today that I was not going to have a soda. Somedays I can go without, especially if I put my mind to it, but other days it's like a stress reliever to be able to drink a diet soda.
    I will definitely be trying the sit-ups. I might make it crunches, but I will try to do 100 of which ever I do.
  • 6mimi
    6mimi Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great challenge! I gave up soda a few years back (I was SOOOO addicted to the stuff). It was really difficult to quit. I had tried a million times before. I finally quit cold turkey. I had severe headaches for three days and probably longed for the soda for almost a year. It was the greatest thing I think I ever did for my health. I feel so much better now and I know I am much healthier. I am going to push drinking more water this week. I noticed I haven't been drinking as much as usual. I will also commit to the 100 sit-ups.Good luck everyone!:tongue:
  • fitmom_pam1976
    Options
    I decided to get started today so I can get back on track!!!!!!!! I did my 100 crunches in my morning workout. Let's see if I get an afternoon workout in today, I will shoot for another 100 crunches. And I am drinking my water today!!!!!!!!! :)
  • 6mimi
    Options
    Nice job getting an early start Pam! Here is to an awesome Summer!:drinker:
  • fitmom_pam1976
    Options
    Nice job getting an early start Pam! Here is to an awesome Summer!:drinker:

Cheers to an awesome Summer!!! :drinker:
  • meluc
    meluc Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    yes, diet soda is my weakness! I will try and do 100 crunches starting today. Was away foe the long weekend and wasn't on MFP much. Back on track today!!
  • Jennycyr
    Jennycyr Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this great challenge Pam! I'm not much of a soda drinker but I definitely love my Coffee & my Red Wine.

I will limit myself to a small cup of coffee/day this week. I will do my crunches tonight.

Have a great day!
    Jen
  • WendyCollinson2004
    Options
    One my way to being 2 days without a diet soda. Unless I give in to one for my hour drive to my hometown tonight. So far, I don't even want one.
    As for the crunches or sit-ups, I am waiting on those. I have however, done 100 jumping jacks, not that they burn a lot of calories.
  • fitmom_pam1976
    Options
    Drinking my water!!!! Did 150 crunches today :)
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,002 Member
    Options
    starting tomorrow I will do my best to limit myself to 1 cup of coffee (it might be a BIG cup LOL) and then I will drink only water.
    And I will try my best to get in 100 crunches or situps a day.
    Together we can do this. Everyone have a nice 4th of july
  • AngelsHaveToFly74
    Options
    I'm in :) this sounds great.....Water all week and 100 situps or crunches per day.....
  • themommie
    Options
    yeah I got my 100 situps in for today......:smile: and water, water, water.....ut oh I might start floating heehee
  • WendyCollinson2004
    Options
    I have not been doing so well on not having a soda. UGH! I had good intentions not to and then Friday I went and got one for a 2 hour drive. Yesterday I ad one will I took an exam and today I've had one for at work. I have been drinking lots of water though. I had a water before I left for work this morning and am going on my 3rd 16.9 oz since I've been at work.
  • Alsison
    Alsison Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Water Water Water.... Sit up x 100... Got it!!

Better late then never right???

Cheers,
    Alsison
  • themommie
    Options
    So far I have been doing great I have been doing 100 crunches everyday and man is my stomach sore...LOL. I am also doing good with the water. It is hard to stick with 1 cup of coffee but other then a few cups of coffee , water is all I am drinking
  • 6mimi
    Options
    I have not done very well on this challenge to be honest. I thought I would be fine since I am mostly a water drinker anyways. I am still so sick since the pneumonia... it has really thrown me off target on the whole health thing. Once I am feeling better I will be able to participate more with our challenges... promise.:blushing:
  • psychomomxs4
    psychomomxs4 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I did really great on the water challenge..but not as good on the 100 sit-ups....abs are just not my thing.

4526527.png[/url]
    My June Step Total 270,045 ….an avenge of 9,001 steps per day. 1,418,571 steps in 5 months
  • WendyCollinson2004
    Options
    I am back on to the no soda, I haven't had a soda since Sunday. I am going to work on 3 days straight without a soda. As for the sit-ups or crunches, well they don't exist on my diary for this past week. :( I really cannot be sad about something I am not working on doing.