New to Group - Fast low-carb breakfast Recipies

Options
dcmennealy
dcmennealy Posts: 16 Member
Hi Everyone,
I am new to this group. Does anyone have any low carb breakfast recipes they can share?

Replies

• mrsskinnytobe
    mrsskinnytobe Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I did a low carb diet for a while and you used to be able to get a decent low carb bread at Walmart and some grocerystores too. If now I know you can order online. I used to have a slice of toast with a hard boiled egg and a low carb fruit or veggie. I liked tomatoes but berries are pretty low in carbs as far as fruit goes, try raspberries or blueberries. Hard boiled eggs are awesome to keep around. You can make a bunch at a time with a big pan and then keep them in the fridge and use for egg salad or snack or breakfast.

Special K has a high protein low carb cereal that isnt bad.

On of my favorite things to grab in a hurry...Ricotta cheese in a bowl and and canned pumpkin...not the pumpkin pie filling, just the regular pumpkin and mix that together. If not sweet enough add a little splenda.

Here is a recipe for Blueberry Almond breakfast pudding....there are other things listed at end that you could add if not happy about blueberries.
    Ingredients:
    •1/3 cup almond meal
    •2 Tablespoons water
    •1 egg
    •1/4 cup blueberries - frozen or fresh
    •Sweetener or flavoring

Preparation:
    Mix almond meal, egg, and water in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for about 45 seconds. Move the cooked part of the pudding towards the center of the bowl and add blueberries and/or any mix-ins you want. Microwave for about 45-60 more seconds, depending on mix-ins (frozen fruit will need even longer cooking, as it will cool down the pudding). Stir and eat.

Possible Additions:
    •Fresh or frozen berries or other low carb fruit
    •Unsweetened coconut
    •Peanut butter or other nut butters
    •Small cubes of cream cheese (any fat level)
    •Sugar-free maple or other syrup
    •Sugar-free jam or preserves
    •Chopped nuts
    Nutritional Information: Each serving (with blueberries) has 6 grams effective carbohydrate plus 5 grams fiber, 13 grams protein, and 273 calories

Hope this helps you!!!!
  • dcmennealy
    dcmennealy Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I will try it!! I have never had almond meal before! :smile:
  • ruth750
    Options
    This does sound good, thank you for posting.
  • bikinisuited
    bikinisuited Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    1. Start drinking green smoothies (2 cups organic baby spinach, collard, kale mix + 1/2 banana + 1/2 gala apple + 1/2 cup greek yogurt + 1 cup water + parsley, cilantro). You can alternate berries for less carbs as well and other herbs such as basil, mint...
  • CanGirl40
    CanGirl40 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    A constant for me is egg whites with light laughing cow cheese and/or a protein shake with Greek yogurt. Yummo! You get used to not eating the bread....
  • Erin083
    Erin083 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I recently made the Southwest Breakfast Muffins from the Gracious Pantry website and they were delicious! Completely low carb, really good protein and clean as well.