Day 2 - Feeling Fruity!

Options

Replies

• SRitzy
    SRitzy Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    epfox86: pineapple. Love fresh pineapple chilled! I sometimes cut them up & freezes them for a refreshing frozen treat on a hot day like today! Yummmy!
  • Carani
    Carani Posts: 24
    Options
    Sritzy: grapes! Also very nice when frozen.
  • lottieloves85
    lottieloves85 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Carani: Raspberries :)
  • lottieloves85
    Options
    How's everyone getting on? I had one of my plums for breakfast, I'm now eating my blueberries, got spinach for lunch, asparagus for dinner, apple for afternoon snack, yum!!
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,263 Member
    Options
    Sorry, a little late for the challenge. I'm having a necterine-breakfast, grapes-snack, broccolli-lunch, spinach-dinner. If it's not too late someone please suggest another fruit.
  • lottieloves85
    Options
    Blueberries! nom nom nom
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,263 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I'll add them to my lunch salad.
  • Hestion
    Hestion Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I've had 2 bananas and a pear today, having carrots and peas for dinner, and the strawberries keep screaming at me to eat some ;-)
  • Carani
    Options
    I've had one apple and 100 gr of strawberries.
    After work I plan to go to the store and pick up some raspberries for desert. (Sadly, I have only an early blooming raspberry left in the garden, which has had the brunt of its fruits last month. The late variety I used to have did not survive last winter)
    On the veggie front, I had carrots and celeriac for lunch, and will make a salad for dinner.
  • epfox86
    epfox86 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    epfox86: pineapple. Love fresh pineapple chilled! I sometimes cut them up & freezes them for a refreshing frozen treat on a hot day like today! Yummmy!

I work as a Mother's Helper for a family and the dad juiced watermelon and pineapple and popsicles. :)
  • SRitzy
    SRitzy Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I took the time to put some extra veggies in my breakfast. Had a 1 egg omelet with green pepper, mushrooms, home grown teen onions. Veggies were cooked with a splash of white cooking wine instead of butter. Egg was beat with some homemade salsa instead of milk. Than added a pinch of bacon bits for that well rounded breakfast taste for only 110 calories. One of my favorite meals since starting this new way of eating (some people call it a diet). Plus no hunger pains or cravings until lunch.

Banana and strawberries for lunch. Cherries and grapes for snacks later.
  • lottieloves85
    Options
    I am LOVING how inventive everyone is being! I'm tempted to whip up a smoothie later, anyone got any good fruity recipes?! x
  • Carani
    Options
    1 frozen banana (if you have them, otherwise non-frozen will also work), 1/2 cup of fat free yogurt, 1/2-1 cup of berries and some skim milk (or water) to thin the whole thing to your desired thickness

or

1/2 (frozen) cubed mango,1-2 handfulls of fresh spinach, 1 scoop of protein powder (I like 'fresh apple' with this) and about 2 cups water, maybe more or les depending on which consistency you like.

Haven't made the green one for a while, good idea to have one tomorrow!
  • lottieloves85
    Options
    1 frozen banana (if you have them, otherwise non-frozen will also work), 1/2 cup of fat free yogurt, 1/2-1 cup of berries and some skim milk (or water) to thin the whole thing to your desired thickness

or

1/2 (frozen) cubed mango,1-2 handfulls of fresh spinach, 1 scoop of protein powder (I like 'fresh apple' with this) and about 2 cups water, maybe more or les depending on which consistency you like.

I'm not a banana fan but I am SO trying the green one tonight, sounds amazing! I only have vanilla protein powder but it could work...Will be a great post workout treat, thanks! x
  • hark15
    hark15 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Today I plan to have mixed grilled veggies at lunch along with an apple. For snack I packed a whole cucumber, one cup of baby carrots, and one cup of grape tomatoes with hummus. For dinner I'm going to have a big salad with shrimp, avocado, tomato, cucumber, hearts of palm and romaine lettuce! Today's challenge goes well with my goal of less wheat and more fruits and veggies :)
  • hark15
    hark15 Posts: 148 Member
    Options

or

I'm not a banana fan but I am SO trying the green one tonight, sounds amazing! I only have vanilla protein powder but it could work...Will be a great post workout treat, thanks! x

Let me know how the green one turns out - sounds good in theory but not sure I could stomach spinach in drink form...
  • lottieloves85
    Options
    Today I plan to have mixed grilled veggies at lunch along with an apple. For snack I packed a whole cucumber, one cup of baby carrots, and one cup of grape tomatoes with hummus. For dinner I'm going to have a big salad with shrimp, avocado, tomato, cucumber, hearts of palm and romaine lettuce! Today's challenge goes well with my goal of less wheat and more fruits and veggies :)

Sounds delicious! i love cucumber and carrots with houmous. You'll smash today's challenge with that lot! :)
  • lottieloves85
    Options

or

Let me know how the green one turns out - sounds good in theory but not sure I could stomach spinach in drink form...

It's actually quite refreshing! I like to juice it with apple, kiwi and grapes, yum! I'll let you know anyway x
  • Msmonique1982
    Msmonique1982 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Thanks to my co worker, i have a crispy nectarine.
  • lodeannalo
    lodeannalo Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Watermelon and cantalope. So yummy! :tongue: