Do core workouts everyday!

Options
Magnamus
Magnamus Posts: 66 Member
Your core can take a lot more stress than the rest of your muscle groups.
So...
Do some core exercises for a minimum of 10 minutes* everyday for the rest of the month. Fit it in anytime, anywhere; just do it everyday! Do 20 to 30 minutes if you want or more but never go a day without.

That's my challenge for all of you for July.

*That's on top of the exercise you're already doing. (or should be)

21404965.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• gravityspyral
    Options
    What are some core workouts that take 10 minutes? I try to do plank and side plank every day but... what are others?
  • crybil
    crybil Posts: 13
    Options
    Crunches, v ups v holds twist abs
  • crybil
    crybil Posts: 13
    Options
    Cool cant wait my abs really need work
  • wifealiciousness
    wifealiciousness Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I am onto a fitness regime and this seems like a good goal for me! I'm recovering from a broken shoulder and there's only some core exercises I can do..... does anyone have any suggestions? I can do crunches, but not planks and defo not side planks! Help!
  • charlize19
    charlize19 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I've tried doing core exercises but can't seem to get it right! cant even do 8... don't have any stomach mussels, I've had 3 caesarian cuts in the last 4 years, could it have a effect? my last cut was in January.
  • KimmerzB
    KimmerzB Posts: 37
    Options
    I am onto a fitness regime and this seems like a good goal for me! I'm recovering from a broken shoulder and there's only some core exercises I can do..... does anyone have any suggestions? I can do crunches, but not planks and defo not side planks! Help!
    Posted a couple of video links...maybe some of those would work for you. :smile:
  • hippypippy84
    Options
    Hula Hoop... Serious core workout and low impact. Do it in front of the TV. Simple!
  • luvinlife2012
    luvinlife2012 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    With severely weak core muscles, a water weighted fitness hoop is an excellent place to start. You will work up a sweat and work your core muscles hard and you feel prett quick results.
  • luvinlife2012
    luvinlife2012 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Water weighted fitness hoops
  • Magnamus
    Magnamus Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    If you have any injuries you can do simple compresses throughout the day.

Next time your driving flex your abs, flex your butt ....do this for as long as your drive is or as long as you can take it. Relax fully in between or you might get a cramp.
    Try this only if your driving situation permits (i.e. not traffic.)

When your watching TV next time do bicycle with your legs in the air. Once that burn too much or if your once unable to because of an injury or other physical situation. Simply hold your legs strait out in front of you using your abs to hold them in the air. Hold till burn and then release slowly. Seriously don't over do this, it should be relaxing and slightly straining on you.

Even just ten minutes of this will help firm up those muscle and help with circulation too.

Enjoy!
  • bambimou
    bambimou Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey, I would strongly recommend downloading the Nike Training Club App. There are so many amazing workouts and if you go to "Get Focused", you can select the "Ab Burner" which is a 15 minute workout. I do at least every second day on the mats at the gym, love it!