Introduce Yourself!

Options
accusima
accusima Posts: 38 Member
I am a 26 year old life long native of New Orleans. I am looking for local support in not only losing weight, but also eating healthier and making overall lifestyle changes.

Replies

• nolafitchick
    nolafitchick Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hello All!

I am a 43 year old "Damn Yankee" (a yankee who moves South because of the warmer climate and friendly people, and decides to stay) originally from Northern Indiana and been down here in New Orleans since 2004.

Kat
    >^..^<
  • Leslieheindel
    Leslieheindel Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am a 30 year old NOLA native and bartender. I am have working out 4 to 5 days a week the past 2 months and finally decided to start getting serious about the food portion. It is so hard in this city and especially working in the service industry too. I do love my wine!!

how do you stop your temptations in this loving city that offers so many delicious cocktails and fried foods?
  • accusima
    Options
    My husband is actually from Indiana - small town of Veedersburg, or some such. We were just up there recently looking at houses in the South Bend area, but decided to scrap that idea.
  • accusima
    Options
    Tell me about it, Leslieamini! My husband is in the service industry and between the hours and crap available to eat, it gets hard! Since I work from home, if I want to see my husband at all that mean I need to stay up, which usually ends up meaning I eat two dinners as well!

The temptations will always be there, but it's a matter of reigning them in! Only eating half of that shrimp po-boy! :)
  • mlopez1775
    Options
    Hey everyone, I just joined this site a week ago. Being anal about what I eat has been helping me. I lost a quick 30 by putting my body in "ketosis." It really does work. Cutting sugars is easy. Carbs takes work but doable. Just eat a lot of grilled chicken and blackened talapia or salmon. Oh, and you have to get a cast iron skillet. They are the best......
  • AngieRAEx
    AngieRAEx Posts: 3
    Options
    Hey yall boy am I glad to have found this group because it's hard to live in a city with so much awesome food and being as I've lived here a while I wanted to see how others are staying healthy around here.

My big question for you guys is what are some restaurants that are healthy?
  • aprildee24
    Options
    I'm 25 - grew up in New Mexico and moved here when I was 19, about a year after Katrina. I'm a vegetarian in a very tough city to be one... Just got a new job with a gym membership as a benefit. I'm excited about that. I'm also a member of the Sailor Corps of New Orleans, the support Krewe for the Sirens of New Orleans. I'm hoping to get in better shape before parade season starts.
  • kbanks55
    kbanks55 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am a 35 year old teacher. My hubby and I have lived in NOLA for 5 years. I need some motivation to take the time to work out and eat healthy once school craziness starts. I've tracked my meals before and it really helps me cut pounds.

I would also love to find a evening running or walking buddy.
  • Wilbur_NOLA
    Wilbur_NOLA Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Howdy all. 38 year old Metairie dude here. Have been a yo yo dieter and workout guy for years, but trying to get in a groove and make a permanent lifestyle change.
  • TorreyFingal
    TorreyFingal Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Torrey and I am 26 years old and I live on the Westbank (Marrero). I am originally from the Washington, D.C. area. I came to New Orleans for school (I graduated summa cum laude with a degree in Chemistry from Xavier University), planned and going back home after graduation but met a New Orleans girl and have been here every since! I have been married since 2010 and I have a daughter who was born in January of this year. It is because of them that I have decided to get serious about my health and to really start to lose some weight. I was diagnosed as a diabetic in 2010, but I did not take it seriously until now. I am glad to be a part of this group, and I hope I can help and be helped as a result!
  • cindileighstone
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    My name is Cindi and I live in St Bernard. My husband and I have a non profit and have been here Katrina. New Orleans has the best food on the planet ! Looking for encouragement and ideas. God Bless you all :)
  • Fiftyxfiftykhr
    Options
    I'm a 49 year old wife and mother of two sons. My goal is to lose 50 pounds by my 50th birthday this summer. It's a huge challenge because I am also rehabbing a severely sprained ankle that is slow to heal. I am starting with a fresh juice cleanse and I drink fresh juices regularly as a part of my diet. I also just joined the UNO fitness center for the summer. They have a great summer special for $110. I like their water aerobics and indoor walking track. I am looking forward to getting my ankle well enough to walk the new track at City Park. It's so beautiful out there and I hate that I can't enjoy it yet.
  • Chrisam79
    Chrisam79 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello All! I am a 33y/o single mother to four girls and I have been using myfitnesspal for about a year now. I was born and raised her in New Orleans. About four years ago, I lost about 30lbs and kept it off until recently due to stress and gained it all back plus some. My goal is to lose about 40 to 50 lbs. I workout every other day at City Park on the fitness track if anyone cares to join me! Otherwise, I love to eat, which is my weakness. I wish you all success!
  • paulbear75
    paulbear75 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone

My name is Paul I'm American currently living in Italy for the past 3 years, I would love to make friends with the NOLA community because I'll be returning to the states soon and want to make it my new home. Feel free to add me and keep going strong everyone.
  • bulldogdanny79
    bulldogdanny79 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    hello im danny, 34. I've always been a heavy guy, but after i started with job i have been with for 7 years now, i have slowly put weight on. i got up to 430 and said... no no no no no... in the pass 3 months i have been eating better, no candy, no soda just cut it out all together, eating less. and healthier. not saying i don't have pizza time to time. i try to get to the gym everyday... but today I'm down to 369. still have a ways to go but I'm at it. if anyone want to add me as a friend that would be awesome.
  • creole_muslimah
    creole_muslimah Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi. Wondering if anyone is still active?
  • purplemystra
    purplemystra Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Hi. Wondering if anyone is still active?

I'm here.
  • itwontletmehaveaname
    itwontletmehaveaname Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi yall..
    so i fell off the wagon and landed in a pile of cupcakes and gained weight and tada!!! im back..4 years later :(
    32. looking to meet people to talk to and do things with. lose some weight..have some fun.

good luck yall and happy dieting!