New tool to fight fat!

Options
fiveohmike
fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
Well I traded in my mountain bike (so hard to ride on the street, and not ready to tackle mountains).

Picked up a Hybrid trail/street bike. So much easier to ride faster/longer on the street. Still getting use to it, and my first ride was 5.4 miles. Gonna work up to longer rides this week. Much easier on my knees so far, compared to attempting to run. Plus it supports my weight!

177105_4200138846949_335001293_o1.jpg

Replies

• Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Nice!
  • fiveohmike
    Options
    And I will NOT be buying spandex, Lycra shorts haha
  • bsinno
    bsinno Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    omigosh....its GLOWING
  • Sid422
    Sid422 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Nice bike! Enjoy!
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options

I hope you have at least bought a decent lock!
  • fiveohmike
    Options
    omigosh....its GLOWING

It was delivered by aliens
  • fiveohmike
    Options

I hope you have at least bought a decent lock!

Getting one, however I am not leaving it out of my sight, other than when its in the garage lol
  • Sullerson
    Sullerson Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Nice! I have a Trek mountain bike and a Trek road bike. I needed both as i enjoy riding both types of terrain. Get yourself a good helmet and a small pouch for under the seat to hold an extra tube, patch kit, co2 cartridges, and some zip ties. Better safe than sorry ;)
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Nice!! I need to get one of those. I really want to start riding to work a few days a week (10 miles one way), but I have an old garage sale huffy mountain style bike - not even sure what it is really.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options

I said the same thing....
    >__>
  • jwkime
    jwkime Posts: 37
    Options
    LOVE my Trek Hybrid, got it last spring. Great on the gravel roads and trails here in the Midwest! Have fun with it!
  • rotnkat
    rotnkat Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    What no spandex????:frown:
  • lforner46
    lforner46 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I have the Trek Lexa road bike. I LOVE IT. I am biking about 10-12 miles per day, 3-4 days a week.
  • fiveohmike
    Options
    What no spandex????:frown:

Heck no lol

I am getting the baggy riding shorts, that you cant see the full outline of my magic stick and the boys in.
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I used to love to ride when I was younger and would love to get back to it...I just have to buy a bike first..lol Soon though, I hope!!
  • Spokez70
    Spokez70 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Nice! Must be the day for buying bikes- I also picked up a road bike today (but I'm keeping my mountain bike!)
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options

NO?? Whyyyyy ...... I bet I could gather up enough votes that says you should. We just wanna see the pics. I'm thinking a bright neon color woudl be REALLY groovy (and slenderizing). Neon is the new black you know : )
  • fiveohmike
    Options

NO?? Whyyyyy ...... I bet I could gather up enough votes that says you should. We just wanna see the pics. I'm thinking a bright neon color woudl be REALLY groovy (and slenderizing). Neon is the new black you know : )

Ill make you guys a deal, when I get under 220lbs Ill buy spandex and take a pic :p
  • fiveohmike
    Options
    Nice! Must be the day for buying bikes- I also picked up a road bike today (but I'm keeping my mountain bike!)

Ya, I wasnt planning on shredding any big mountains or anything so I got rid of the full suspension bike. I went with the hybrid bike so i could hit some hard pack/gravel trails when I want, but still bomb down the street at good speeds/less resistance.
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    SweatpantsRebellion Posts: 754 Member
    Options

Ill make you guys a deal, when I get under 220lbs Ill buy spandex and take a pic :p

Do we get to pick the color? I'm liking the neon idea...lol!

I'm envious of the new bikes! I have a mountain bike and really want to get a road bike or a hybrid bike so that it's easier to go riding. It's on my wish list!