NEW TO THE GROUP 44 weeks post op RNY

Options
Hi everyone, Lilli here! My pre surgery weight was 372.2 in Aug 2011, I am now 228 and going strong... My lowest weight was 148 years ago, but now I am enjoying my second chance at life, my goal set by my dr is 130lbs....

Replies

• win4ecu
    win4ecu Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi Lilli! Congrats on the weight loss, you seem to be doing really well. I had Gastric RNY on 4/2/12 and I am down 42 pounds so far. So far this surgery has been very easy for me, no real complications and I feel great. Welcome to the group :)
  • Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? I'm 5'7" and my current weight is 135. Keep up the good work!!
  • minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I had my surgery 5-15, while May's loss was pretty stellar for me I seem to be stalled out this June even though I've returned to the gym. Either way though I feel great and am staying on track so that when this stall is over I can hope to be in the one hundred club by the end of June or July. I'm 5-4 and my goal weight is 145. Thrilled to have you join the group and I'll be even more excited to watch your progress as you head even closer to your goal!
  • mommycline
    mommycline Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Wow thats amazing. Keep up the good work.
  • pljohnson001
    pljohnson001 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? I'm 5'7" and my current weight is 135. Keep up the good work!!

Laura, I wonder how you decided to drop to 135, or if your body chose that stop point. I'm one week out, and my doctor tells me 180 is a likely result, but I'm inclined to wish I looked more like you do. I guess my question is about goal setting. Did you get guidance about how much to lose, or did you just play it by ear as you got close according to how you looked and felt?
  • Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    Options

Laura, I wonder how you decided to drop to 135, or if your body chose that stop point. I'm one week out, and my doctor tells me 180 is a likely result, but I'm inclined to wish I looked more like you do. I guess my question is about goal setting. Did you get guidance about how much to lose, or did you just play it by ear as you got close according to how you looked and felt?

My goal has always been 140. I was that weight in my mid-20's and i liked how I looked at that weight. When I got there, I started eating more to maintain there. Recently I've been exercising more and my body has dropped 5 more. I didn't really try to lose it, but I like being under 140 with a cushion. I have thought about losing 5 more...
  • Butlavie
    Butlavie Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I had my surgery 5-15, while May's loss was pretty stellar for me I seem to be stalled out this June even though I've returned to the gym. Either way though I feel great and am staying on track so that when this stall is over I can hope to be in the one hundred club by the end of June or July. I'm 5-4 and my goal weight is 145. Thrilled to have you join the group and I'll be even more excited to watch your progress as you head even closer to your goal!

Hey our surgery birthdays are a day apart.!!!
  • Butlavie
    Butlavie Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Welcome Welcome

I have found this group to be excellent...everyone is open and nice...I am 5 ft and my goal is 110-125 which is what I weighed after all my kids...I used food to cope with stress and that is no more!!! Best of luck to you!!