Just starting my 6 months med-weight loss pre surgury

Options
Hello, I actually had my first pre op appt a month ago. I am having a hard time getting in the grove of not drinking 30 minutes before eating. I have stopped using a straw when I drink. I also have been doing my work outs in the pool, does anyone else swim?

Replies

• DrTerri
    DrTerri Posts: 12
    Options
    I do water aerobics...

My Doctor did not make me not drink 30 minutes before or after.. work on getting your carbs down and becoming more aware of your portion sizes.. That was most helpful to me.. Follow what they say though.. They are trying to get you ready and its much better if you follow what they suggest.. more easy transition.

Terri = 6 weeks post op.. gastric bypass.
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    That was one of the hardest things for me to get in the habit of...not drinking anything 30 minutes before and after I eat. I stuck with it though throughout my pre-op period and it has now become a habit. I usually keep a glass of water available incase I need a sip just if something gets stuck...but I rarely ever need it. I do still use a straw sometimes, but I am careful not to suck up a bunch of air with whatever I am drinking...I have had no problems with this. The hardest thing for me to give up was soda...It is probably the only thing that I still miss. This is the best time to start learning those new habits though It will make a big difference when you are a fresh post op to not have to be worried about changing those things then. Good luck to you and congrats on your upcoming surgery!