Anyone else not finish?

Options
Renae_Nae
Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
I got through the second round of the first circuit (after the stretching) and my legs started shaking so bad I almost face planted on the suicide drills. Since I'm not completely suicidal I decided to take it a lot easier...which didn't help at all! Instead I skipped to the last stretching and finished it in 30 mins. Right now I don't give a crap what anyone else says cause I made it farther than I did last time (last time I threw up during the warm-up lol) and I can tell I did something.

But I know tomorrow I'm going to get down and I need some "it's ok, you can do it" to look back on lol.

Replies

• Nteeter
    Nteeter Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I got through the second round of the first circuit (after the stretching) and my legs started shaking so bad I almost face planted on the suicide drills. Since I'm not completely suicidal I decided to take it a lot easier...which didn't help at all! Instead I skipped to the last stretching and finished it in 30 mins. Right now I don't give a crap what anyone else says cause I made it farther than I did last time (last time I threw up during the warm-up lol) and I can tell I did something.

But I know tomorrow I'm going to get down and I need some "it's ok, you can do it" to look back on lol.

This is a hard workout. You even see the fitness dudes in the back taking a few extra breaks. If you get tired, rest. Take a deep breath shake it out and jump back in. When they pick up pace its almost impossible to keep up with even the exercise changes lol. I went at a good pace and it still kicked my butt. YOU CAN DO THIS! just find your groove and dont stop. You will see and feel the results!

ah crap just realized Ive turned cheerleader :) i hope it helps though
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    lol...yeah everyone says find your pace but it's impossible when I see them I find myself matching them. It's either "on" or "off" there is no dim switch.
  • earthsember
    earthsember Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Remember, we start where we start and we aim to finish where they are (or wherever we envision ourselves). If you're matching them when you begin this journey, then what's the point? :) They are in the video because they're supposed to be motivating us, but you're only competing with yourself - and you only lose that competition by giving up.
  • kls13la
    kls13la Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Believe me, I went a lot slower than the people on the TV and took a lot more breaks! I totally get what you mean about wanting to match their pace. I had to look away from the TV to keep myself at a reasonable pace for me.

Look at it this way--there is nowhere to go but up. By the time you do this DVD again, you will make it even farther.
  • LovelyLibra79
    LovelyLibra79 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    When i feel like quitting...or i can't do a particular exercise...i just keep moving..i dont push myself to the point of hurting my knee or ankle..but i do keep moving and doing something! take the breaks you are due..you will be fine :)
  • ambersinclair
    ambersinclair Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!! With me I just did a modified version of the exercise if I felt I was going to face plant. Like the Level 1 drills.. I did pushups on my knees and didn't run it out. I lost all cordination on the cross jacks, and had had to take longer breaks. I would pause it, break for a minute and then come back. I'm not at a point where I can touch the floor during suicide drills so I went down as far as I could go. Go at your own pace bb. I did. :D
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!! With me I just did a modified version of the exercise if I felt I was going to face plant. Like the Level 1 drills.. I did pushups on my knees and didn't run it out. I lost all cordination on the cross jacks, and had had to take longer breaks. I would pause it, break for a minute and then come back. I'm not at a point where I can touch the floor during suicide drills so I went down as far as I could go. Go at your own pace bb. I did. :D

Yeah, this. Instead of the pushups sometimes I just hold a plank. And for the moving pushups, I started off doing those on my knees. It's supposed to be tough but you'll get better at it!
  • aimeeleo
    aimeeleo Posts: 22
    Options
    Sometimes I close my eyes so I don't see the people in the video. That way I can stick to my own pace. Your pace is the only one that counts. Hang in there.
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I close my eyes so I don't see the people in the video. That way I can stick to my own pace. Your pace is the only one that counts. Hang in there.

I do this as well. Sometimes when I get too focused on the video I find myself thinking "how the heck are they moving so fast??" So closing my eyes or just looking somewhere else in the room away from the screen helps me to bring the focus back to myself.
  • Nteeter
    Nteeter Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    The moving push ups took me by surprise. No room for those in house. Just did push ups till I failed took a small breather and did a couple more. These are great suggestions.