Week 1 P90X!!!! Here we go!!

Options

Replies

• SarahDuong130
    Options
    Day 1- Chest and Back, AB Ripper X

That was brutal! I'm definitely not fit enough for this, and it didn't help that I didn't have the right equipment. I couldn't even finish. :angry: The upper body workouts will be the hardest for me. I will keep going, though, and finish whatever I can. I'll probably work out in the morning when I have more energy. I'm also going to buy a mat and pull up bar. Better luck tomorrow! Plyometrics seems a lot more doable for me.
  • mrssandra9
    Options
    will be day 2 today i tried this once already got half way through phase 2 everything went wrong also running 3 times week just done my first 5k sun just gone for race for life
  • mrssandra9
    Options
    classic
  • usernamekelly1
    usernamekelly1 Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Just finished plyo, it was easier than I remembered from last years attempt at doing the program (got to week 7 then kids holidays and laziness) but I have been working on my fitness for the last 3 months and my stamina has increased 10 folds, which is a good thing, I'm now worried a bit about kempo as last year I thought it was easy, so I may switch that and do plyo twice a week, we'll see how Saturday goes before I decide :)

ETA - Plyo still kicked @ss and I got a very good workout
  • stljpascoe
    stljpascoe Posts: 12
    Options
    still drippng from my plyo, good joib

some people wake up, some roll over.
  • fizzy123
    fizzy123 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Cardio workout done.
    1st big mistake was not eating a bigger breakfast earlier, before doing this.:ohwell:
    Going for 5k run laterthis pm with friends
  • _SASX_
    _SASX_ Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    cardio for me today might just be hours of painting...going to a work bee this morning-getting to help paint a restored train station from 100 years ago. Will also try and get some real sweating in. Good work to the plyo's and cardioX'ers out there!
  • IamSheaMc
    IamSheaMc Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    Everyone seems to be on top of things this makes me happy...
  • kholbrook17
    Options
    I am on day 2 and I'm doing the lean category. I finished day 2 which is Cardio X and just finished a 6 mile walk with my cousin. Before I go to bed tonite I will do Stretch X just to make sure I'm getting the correct amount of stretches done everyday!!! Feeling confident!!! :-)
  • _SASX_
    Options
    did you know that 90n mins of painting is about 490 calories? me neither!

Am still going to get in my cardio (don't know yet) and core (ZWOW#24) before my son gets home from his fishing trip with my dad.
  • SarahDuong130
    Options
    Only completed 23 minutes of Plyometrics (23 very intense and very sweaty minutes), which was 23 minutes of not sitting on the couch, watching tv and eating ice cream. I will get better at this. Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go vomit now.
  • usernamekelly1
    usernamekelly1 Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    @ SarahDuong130 23 minutes is better than nothing well done for pushing play and keep it up, you'll soon have the whole dvd down :)

Right that's my day 3 done, shoulder & arms & ARX!!!! Shoulder and Arms is one of my favs ;)

Remember to keep moving or you could make them DOMS worse, A nice walk will help the day after plyo ;)
  • stljpascoe
    stljpascoe Posts: 12
    Options
    day 3 in the books. feel good, like the weight days better than the others. HATE yoga!
  • _SASX_
    Options
    CST done for me! noodle arms make typing difficult!
  • IamSheaMc
    Options
    Keep up the good work everyone!!
  • fizzy123
    fizzy123 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Happy 4th of July to all
    Finished shoulders & arms yipee and suffered through AB Ripper.Now I know why my middle is a problem.
    Ive no muscle there at all!!!
    How did everyone else do on this holiday.
  • IamSheaMc
    Options
    Day 3 Shoulders and Arms & ARX DONE!

I only have 5lbs and 15lbs I think the 5s are too light and the 15s are too heavy ugh sucks!
  • _SASX_
    Options
    I only have 5lbs and 15lbs I think the 5s are too light and the 15s are too heavy ugh sucks!

try getting some 7's, 10's on craigslist or kijijii? also I use wrist weights (2lb) as a partial transition to help heavying up. I'll put them on my wrists or on the db handles and use them that way if there arent a lot of transitions. But sometimes I find my 10s too easy, but the 15's 100lbs too heavy. lol. so I use the 2lb wrist weights with the 10's then.
  • IamSheaMc
    Options
    ^^ thx, it's just that I was at the Sports store earlier had I known...
  • SarahDuong130
    Options
    Day 3 Shoulders and Arms & ARX DONE!

Have you tried Amazon? I order pretty much everything from there. I got a really good dumbbell set for $39. Plus, I have Amazon Prime so I got free 2-day shipping. I'm also planning to order the Polar HRM.

http://www.amazon.com/Cap-Barbell-40-Pound-Dumbbell-Set/dp/B000VCDXNS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1341464969&sr=8-1&keywords=dumbbells