New to group, vintage weight struggle

Options
I appreciate a group with women of faith :-) Please pray for me to turn to the Lord instead of food and I will pray for you. He is trustworthy in all things but my flesh woman wants to be large and in charge.

1 The 5 :16-18 Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

Replies

• holdingsteady1120
    holdingsteady1120 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate! I will pray with you! :-)
  • Srogas
    Srogas Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you! You are in my prayers! Thankfully God is able!! Welcome to the group!

"Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly than all we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to Him be the glory!" Eph. 3:20
  • xmasjunky
    xmasjunky Posts: 11
    Options
    Thank you! I have tried to do this website on my own but without the accountability I quickly fell away. I appreciate your reply and prayers. Happy 4th and may our nation return to the Lord of its roots through repentance and revival.
  • jesusfreak0314
    Options
    Amen to that! I wanted you to know that I too turn to food when sad and/or angry. Couldn't be one of those who turns away from it in times of trouble! Must be those southern roots and a cooking thing. I am praying that God will help me in my struggle too, so that I can have temple worthy of Him and his comforter. I forgot my scriptures to bring to work today! Ouch....like to keep them in my pocketbook so can read when feeling down or threatened.
  • xmasjunky
    xmasjunky Posts: 11
    Options
    Thank you for you encouragement. I know what it is like to move far away from the comforts of home but Christ is our home. I pray that He will bless you with some wonderful friends and use you in amazing ways. Have you heard the new song by Big Daddy Weave, "Redeemed"? He too has struggled with self worth, and his image. The Lord spoke to him about the way He sees us - redeemed through the amazing blood of our savior. I want to adore the Lord and soak up His love for me not what's left on my plate! Have a blessed Monday. In Christ, Cindy