Introductions

Options

Replies

• kcanfield1
    Options
    Just recently started enjoying wine having found a wonderful little winery in a small town about an hour from my house. I can't drink anything red...I get a headache WHILE I'm drinking it. Love most Zinfandels and whites, especially with fruity flavors. Have found a delicious Pinot Grigio that I am partial to. Trying not to drink much - working hard on this calorie thing. Interested in how all of you are fitting it into your healthy eating plans.
  • tinyjaz
    tinyjaz Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm also a wine lover, who does her best to fit the 'wine calories' in every weekend. Years ago I used to love the sweet whites, but now I only drink reds. I like the blends and at the moment enjoy a nice Shiraz Cabernet.
  • DeadMarsha
    DeadMarsha Posts: 203
    Options
    I love the reds! Stone Cap's Merlot is my favorite, but I also love a good Pinot or Cab. I also like oaked Chardonnay or Reisling! I am new on my wine journey but enjoying every bit. ;) I went wine tasting in Sonoma County (CA) for my 21st birthday in April!
  • dawnbrisset
    dawnbrisset Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow wine drinkers! I was first introduced to High Pass Winery Scheurebe at a wedding almost two years ago, and have been a wine drinker ever since. These days I mostly stick to Chardonnay or Cabernet Sauvignon, since they are supposed to be lower in sugar and carbs and fit into my diet, but do enjoy almost any bottle I open. :)

I enjoy a glass or two of wine almost every night- and am working to keep my wine in my lifestyle. I do notice that when I go over my 10 ounce limit that my weight is impacted, but if I stick to around one 5 ounce glass my weight is not impacted. Has anyone else noticed their limits with regards to wine?

Happy Independence Day to all!
  • kthomison
    kthomison Posts: 6
    Options
    Hello! My name is Kathie. My husband and I enjoy mostly blush wines. I enjoy moscato and pino grigio as well. I'm a wine novice, so we just enjoy drinking for leisure. We live near several wineries and have yet to book a tour!
  • toniarandall
    toniarandall Posts: 111
    Options
    If you like sweet but haven't warmed up to reds, try these from southern Italy: Madrigale Primitivo di Manduria Dolce Naturale, or passito, which is in general a sweet red dessert wine. Also, fragolino is a lightly fizzy, strawberry wine that is very easy to drink.

Thanks for this information. I have been looking for sweat red wines. Would I be able to purchase these at local grocery stores or would I have to order them?
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    So cool to meet so many Wine Lovers. Please pass the word on our great group. We could never have too many members.

Remember I exercise to support my wine drinking!!!

Herb
  • supermaninprogress
    supermaninprogress Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello, I wasn't into wine until I started dating my wife. Her father was always wanting to share a bottle when I would visit her. Since then I have found I really enjoy reds. So far my all time favorite is Da Vinci Chianti! I've had several vintages and they've all been great! But I do enjoy trying all wines. Another favorite for special occasions is Ice Wine. It's usually a very sweet white wine made from grapes that were harvested after the first freeze and that helps to concentrate the sugars.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Ice wine? Yum!
  • hiddensmiles21
    Options
    Hey so glad to have some fellow wine lovers/weight loss friends! I love Chardonnay and Pinot Grigio for whites, which is usally my go-to but I also love a nice Shiraz.
    I would LOVE to go on a wine tour, I don't claim to know anything about wine, usually my choices are Yellow Tail or Fish Eye...the cheap brands but I do love them. Someday I hope to know more and have a more "refined palate" :)
  • tonicandgin
    tonicandgin Posts: 175
    Options
    Ice wine? Yum!

when i went on my wine tasting weekend with the girls in the niagara region in January, one place had homemade marshmallows made with ice wine and had campfires going- so you roasted your marshmallow then you dip it in a glass of icewine---it was crazy good!!!
  • kzooprincess
    kzooprincess Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Had an ice wine with brandy that a friends' sister brought from Toronto for her wedding. VERY good, but VERY expensive!! Something like $50 and the bottle is about half the size of a "normal" bottle of wine.
  • Jani2416
    Jani2416 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I love merlot. Right now my favourite is an australian one...yellowtail.
  • macpatti
    Options
    That's it! I'm finding ice wine and chocolate wine!
  • blleadon
    blleadon Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody. My name is Beth. My husband and I both love wines, but I more than him. When I first started drinking wine in college, I started with blush ans the sweeter ones. Over time, I began to acquire a taste for the drier, woodsy ones thanks to my husband drinking the red. I am. Huge fan of a good malbec, Grenache, or cab. I also find that if I don't understand the label very much, then its probably really good, lol.
  • alex88carolina
    Options
    Hey my name is Alex. I love sweet wines I know there not the best for you. I love to get ones from the local vineyards here in Virginia.
  • macpatti
    Options
    Hey Beth and Alex!
  • CDMAGS
    CDMAGS Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all! I don't know if I have a favorite wine. I will try any wine at least once if not multiple times, season to season my taste for wines changes. I always have a verity of wines at the house from the local winery and will occasionally pick up a bottle at the store to try. I don't know if anyone has purchased a bottle that was just horrible, but I know I have and when I do get that bottle I just can't just I always use a mixer about half wine (depending on how BAD it is) and the other half sprite zero, or diet coke with some ice. Makes the wine much better and then I don't waste the money by throwing it out. I am a huge red fan, blushes are okay, and Whites are good once in a while as well. I have a blast at wineries and doing wine tastings. I have cut back on all alcohol intake since joining MFP but still enjoy to drink a few now and again. Hope we can use this group to find new wines to try and the ones that we should probably stay away from.

Dave
  • wiggywompus
    wiggywompus Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hi, I used to be a white wine girl but graduated to reds. Chilled Pinoit Gririo still my favourite on a warm sunny day. I like full bodies reds. I adopted a gordon setter do called Sinbad turned out it was short for Zinfandel which is a very nice red wine!!!
  • vilmafraguada
    vilmafraguada Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Wine so I make sure I save some calories to enjoy it during the weekends. Mostly I love Pinot grigio, especially Santa Margarita. Lately I have also enjoyed Malbec, but I'm not picky!