Strange Ketosis experience

Options
I was not able to do my normal bike ride do to rain yesterday but I did manage to get 2 hours of yard work in.

I thought I was really good on the 4th of July. Macros were a bit off and I could have eaten some more veggies. Anyways I hosted a party. Managed to pass on all the beer, fruit salad, and tortilla chips. Even introduced some of my guests to almond flour. I made crackers.

Later, about an hour before bed I get achy muscles, feeling nauseous, get all clammy, fever of 100+, and feel like I am freezing. Thought I was coming down with something really bad. Checked my weight before I hopped in bed. I had woke up 226.2 but was going to bed 233. Now that some water retention. Pee'd on a stix and saw I was not in ketosis.

This morning I wake up. Im in ketosis hard core. Darker red than its ever been and weigh 229. Sweating like crazy with a lingering headache.

I'm not sure if I was sick and beat it, or I just popped in and out of ketosis. If the latter I have no idea what caused it.

Its still a bit wet out so I'm going to go for a short bike ride around suburbia instead of playing in the muddy trails.

Anyone else go through something similar to this with keto?

Replies

• SnugNuts
    SnugNuts Posts: 15
    Options
    Just because the ketostix is dark red, doesn't mean you're keto "hardcore" It means you're dehydrated. I've never heard of getting kicked from keto for not drinking enough water, but drink more water :)
  • chrislouden
    Options
    I had 12x 20oz glasses of water yesterday. As I do most days.
  • Dree3
    Dree3 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you definitely reacted to something, though not sure what.

What'd you eat and drink that day? It's been about a week now, is everything back to normal?
  • Salekdarling
    Salekdarling Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Sorry to bring up the topic again, but did you ever find out what the issue was?