Six days out from LapBand and hungry

Options
gspea
gspea Posts: 412 Member
For some reason I am hungry after only six days! Is this normal! I have managed to have about 20 gms of protein. I am full when I do eat just not sure if this normal. Will call the doc in the morning. But wanted to ask if this usual?

Replies

• J_M1987
    J_M1987 Posts: 32
    Options
    I actually went through the same thing. I asked my Dr. at my first post meeting, and she said it is most likely mental. I was typically hungry in the a.m. and before surgery I was a huge breakfast eater, so more than likely I am getting used to my new routine, and my mind needs time catching up. I don't think it's anything to worry about. I just keep my protein levels and water intake up and things have been much better. So many changes, it's crazy! Good luck with figuring it out.
  • TriciaAllen7251
    TriciaAllen7251 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Alot of my hunger is in my head.....Oh, it's 8am - time for breakfast, I must be hungry. I am working with a therapist on the head issues (hunger among other things) and it helps to stop and think, am I really hungry and if so, what am I hungry for. If it is something that is not on the plan I usually go for a big glass of water and then revisit in about 20 minutes. If I am still hungry I eat something. More often than not the glass of water is all that I need to get my mind off the time and my so called "hunger".
  • sarabluebell
    sarabluebell Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    That happened to me too. The way it was explained was like this....We have put the band in you but nothing more, its just sitting there waiting for you to heal. Once you are healed (usually 6-8 weeks from surgey) we will then adjust(tighten) your band. So you will still be hungry and until its adjusted, your really living like you didnt have it.
  • Alish1974
    Alish1974 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I agree, you have nothing but a piece of plastic in you right now. Until you have restriction you will most likely be hungry, I was and it had nothing to do with my head, I was freaking hungry.
  • gspea
    gspea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I finally understand what you all have said. I am also involved with getting the head straightened out too! I am doing so much better now.