Anyone want to start early with me!!!!

Options
I am so excited about this challenge. I guess I will start putting a ittle effort in today to prepare myself for next week. Anyone want to start with me it would be great.

Replies

• fluffyclaire
    Options
    Hi, I'm Starting tomorrow, feel free to add me :)
  • toniarandall
    toniarandall Posts: 111
    Options
    Hi, I'm Starting tomorrow, feel free to add me :)

Cool I am in.
  • MissShancey
    MissShancey Posts: 464
    Options
    Hey i started today! add me!
    i did a 7.28km (4.52mile) walk in 1hour and 27 minutes .. all because of this group!
    i feel really good and cant wait for the challenge to start so i know other people are doing it along with me!!!
    :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • Amandamedlock
    Amandamedlock Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am in! Starting tonight (at work now) I have been walking in the evenings with my bestie so I will see if she wants to join too.
  • toniarandall
    Options
    Great I am excited to have some people start the challenge early with me.
  • toniarandall
    Options
    Complete my 60 minute walk for today. I feel better although I did not feel like going.
  • Sasha0701
    Sasha0701 Posts: 14
    Options
    Hey All!! I am starting officially tomorrow I'm going to be hitting sleep at 10:30 a.m. so I can get up at 6:00 a.m. and start walking!!
  • toniarandall
    Options
    Hey All!! I am starting officially tomorrow I'm going to be hitting sleep at 10:30 a.m. so I can get up at 6:00 a.m. and start walking!!

Yeah get some rest. I am excited u will be starting early. This challenge was such a great idea and so motivating. I am so excited to see the progress.
  • MissShancey
    Options
    hey guys!
    Got my walk in today! 6.40km (3.97mi)
    how about you???
  • toniarandall
    Options
    I got my walk in today as well. I walked for 45 minutes and burned 259 calories. Looking forward to seeing the results.
  • MissShancey
    Options
    I walked to the grocery store today 2km (1.2 miles) and walked home carrying the groceries so 4 km (2.4 miles) + shopping
  • toniarandall
    Options
    I walked to the grocery store today 2km (1.2 miles) and walked home carrying the groceries so 4 km (2.4 miles) + shopping

Keep up the good work girl. I will not be walking today becasuse I am giving my body a rest. I will resume my walking tomorrow.
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I am plugging along but am way behind everyone else I am afraid. Today was my 6th day to walk. I started very slow to begin with
    Monday = 7 minutes @ 2 mph
    Tuesday = 9 minutes @ 2mph
    Wednesday 15 minutes @ 2mph
    Thursday = 10 minutes @ 2 mph - 2.5 mph
    Friday = 11 minutes @ 2 mph - 2.5 mph
    Saturday = 12 minutes (done after hurting my hip) @ 2 mph - 2.5 mph

Last night while doing my exercise session my right hip suddenly made a loud popping noise and down I went. Thank the good Lord I was in front of my lounger or I would have hit the floor. After completing my walking it was a pain pill and to bed. I know this isn't very much walking for most but for me its a victory. The fact that I pushed myself to do my walking even after hurting my hip is such a mind change that my husband stated he was proud of me.

Now for today, I have still be hurting and throwing up but did complete my walking and added 8 minutes instead of just 1. I again began @ 2 mph and increased to 2.5 mph before starting the cool down. I am still not @ a mile yet but did increase my distance to .76 mile so I am at about 3/4 of a mile now.

My plan for Monday if my hip cooperates is to increase to 1 mile hopefully without pain meds.
  • mom2boys3
    mom2boys3 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Way to go, TArnold2012!! You are doing great. Keep it up. Any progress is better than none at all. And even holding steady is better than sitting on the couch. Praying your hip feels better soon.
  • toniarandall
    Options
    I am plugging along but am way behind everyone else I am afraid. Today was my 6th day to walk. I started very slow to begin with
    Monday = 7 minutes @ 2 mph
    Tuesday = 9 minutes @ 2mph
    Wednesday 15 minutes @ 2mph
    Thursday = 10 minutes @ 2 mph - 2.5 mph
    Friday = 11 minutes @ 2 mph - 2.5 mph
    Saturday = 12 minutes (done after hurting my hip) @ 2 mph - 2.5 mph

Last night while doing my exercise session my right hip suddenly made a loud popping noise and down I went. Thank the good Lord I was in front of my lounger or I would have hit the floor. After completing my walking it was a pain pill and to bed. I know this isn't very much walking for most but for me its a victory. The fact that I pushed myself to do my walking even after hurting my hip is such a mind change that my husband stated he was proud of me.

Now for today, I have still be hurting and throwing up but did complete my walking and added 8 minutes instead of just 1. I again began @ 2 mph and increased to 2.5 mph before starting the cool down. I am still not @ a mile yet but did increase my distance to .76 mile so I am at about 3/4 of a mile now.

My plan for Monday if my hip cooperates is to increase to 1 mile hopefully without pain meds.

Wow way to go. You are definely motivation to me. It takes alot of dedication to keep exercising after being injured. Keep up the good work and I will pray for a speedy recovery. Take it easy though so you can prevent further injuries.
  • toniarandall
    Options
    I walked today for 60 minutes at 2.67 mph. I did 2.5 miles today. I will be tuning early.