Hello All!

Options
JessePaige90
JessePaige90 Posts: 47 Member
I just joined myfitnesspal and I was browsing through groups. I found many good ones but I didn't find one specifically for petite women. I did find a post from a woman looking for other short women to talk to and that got a lot of responses so I decided to take a stab at creating a group. My name is Jess by the way. I am 22 years old and only five feet tall. I weigh about 155 lbs and I would like to eventually get back down to 110 lbs. Like a lot of petite women my weight likes to stay in very specific places. (particularly my chest, and belly) I am very self conscious about my belly because since I have such a short torso any extra weight carried there is going to be very obvious. I would love to meet other women who can relate and who I can support in their efforts to better their bodies.:smile:

Replies

• kayx199189
    kayx199189 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hiya I'm kayleigh, I'm 5ft 1 and currently weigh 133lbs my goal weight is about 120lbs. I find if I go any lighter then that I look not very nice due to being curvy, my problem area is my stomach(due to having a baby) and also my big thighs
  • peralta855
    Options
    Hello.

I am 146 cm and currently weigh 38.1 kgs. Due to being short my torso is not long and the extra weight on my belly is very obvious. I do crunches and sit ups but get frustrated with little results.

Any suggestions:)?
  • triumvirclio
    triumvirclio Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I think this is a great idea for a group! I'm 4' 11-3/4" (although I usually just say "I'm wearing shoes right now, so I'm 5 foot"). I'm currently in the mid-160s with a goal of 125-135. My weight hangs out in my chest and belly, too. I'm hoping to get back to the more toned figure I had when I was still training to be a ballet dancer -- before I discovered that I was 3" too short for that to be a career option.

Suggestions on crunches? The issue is that the greater omentum lies on top of your muscles, so you could have a six pack from doing crunches, but not see it if you're still trying to lose weight. Needless to say, my greater omentum is currently outshining my abs, too!
  • patriciagrade
    patriciagrade Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hi there guys,

My name is Patricia, I'm from Portugal, I'm 5"2 and weigh, after almost 60 days in MFP, about 150lbs.

Of course being petite drives me crazy, especially because any extra weight is more noticeable than in a higher girl. And loosing the extra pounds is also harder! Grrrrr :p

Even so, I work hard at it, I struggle every day to make the right food choices and its getting simpler, I'm getting stronger and leaner and healthier!

Looking good! Hope to find comfort here!
    Stay strong! Stay curvy girls!
  • Vincette
    Vincette Posts: 11
    Options
    Hello everyone

I'm 5'3" (and three quarters!) and currently weigh 133lb. I want to be 125lb by August 4th (I have a big party) and then I'll see how I look/feel.

I went down to 125 once before a couple of years ago, but a friend of mine told me I looked too thin and suited by curves more. I guess we'll see. Most of my weight is in my legs and bum. My short stubby legs. It would be nice not to have to hide then in dark jeans.

GL everyone.
  • billiestern
    billiestern Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I am 5.2 my current weight is 125 I would like to weigh around 115. I carry my weight in my chest and belly. I have found it very hard to lose these 10 lbs, I have tried for years, this time I am determined. I think it is harder to lose weight when you are petite.
  • Kipperdog123
    Options
    I gained about 30 pounds over 6 months, and my chest just expanded with the weight gain. Now I'm afraid I'm going to lose them when I lose the weight. I guess you can't have everything. I've already lost 18 pounds, which I'm happy about, and I am a curvy girl, and I love my curves. I wouldn't trade them for anything in the world!
  • jeenim
    jeenim Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone
    I'm 5 foot 1" and like just about everyone else here I carry my weight on belly and chest.
    Why are so many of us the same?
    I'm Australian and weigh 71.4 kg or 157 pounds - would like to get to 120 pounds (started at 171 pounds 5 months ago)
    Feel free to add me as a friend,
    Jeeni
  • jenjones28
    jenjones28 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I'm Jennifer, and I'm 5' 0", and currently weigh 132 pounds after 40 days on this site. I started at 138, and would like to get down to 120 and then reassess. At my best weight, I was at 112 and very athletic, so we'll see. Also carry a lot of the weight in the chest and belly area, although I can definitely stand to lose some off my butt too!

I think it's very hard for us short girls to lose weight, as our calories have to be more restricted than our taller counterparts' have to be to be losing on a consistent basis. Glad to be here and to meet you all though!
  • toniarandall
    toniarandall Posts: 111
    Options
    I just joined myfitnesspal and I was browsing through groups. I found many good ones but I didn't find one specifically for petite women. I did find a post from a woman looking for other short women to talk to and that got a lot of responses so I decided to take a stab at creating a group. My name is Jess by the way. I am 22 years old and only five feet tall. I weigh about 155 lbs and I would like to eventually get back down to 110 lbs. Like a lot of petite women my weight likes to stay in very specific places. (particularly my chest, and belly) I am very self conscious about my belly because since I have such a short torso any extra weight carried there is going to be very obvious. I would love to meet other women who can relate and who I can support in their efforts to better their bodies.:smile:

Oh wow I am so glad I found this group. My name is Tonia and I am 5 "4" and overweight. At this point I weigh 200 lbs and needs to drop at least 55 lbs. Thanks for establishing this group and I am looking forward to this weight journey.
  • Sunjue100
    Sunjue100 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi I'm Julie and have just joined MFP, I'm 5 foot and weigh 162 lbs . I'm looking to shift about 30lbs !! Delighted to have found a group of kindred spirits
  • hjge67
    hjge67 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    HI.. I am 5'3 and currently weigh 192. I am looking to lose 30-40lbs. Ok,.. heck.. I'd be happy with 20 lbs lost. Several years ago I got down to 140lbs... then I fell in love and stopped working out and watching what I ate. Now I am happily married... but at my highest weight ever!! Luckily, my husband is very supportive and now a MFP member, too. I am proud of my curves and just want to feel healthy and sexy again! Here we go!!
  • juliemarie911
    Options
    Hey guys :) I'm 5'4 and weigh 134lb. My goal weight is 120- My super goal weight is 115. I want to tone up pretty much every where.
  • californiagirl1950
    californiagirl1950 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I am now 5' 3 3/4". I actually have shrunk 1/4 of an inch in "old"age. boo hooo. so, last year when I started out on my own I weighed in at 216, I lost 25 pounds over the year, then in Feb of this year I was told about MFP and became a member. I have lost another 10 pounds for a total of 35 and have been stuck with that for 2 months now. But, I will lose more eventually. My goal is to get to 150. I am glad that there is this group. I started one for us over 60 and love it. Now I have you all to encourage me too. WE can do this! Good luck everyone.
  • cklowery36
    cklowery36 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'1" and my only weightloss goal was to grow 6 more inches to accommodate my eating! J/k. Good group idea. Smaller women do have some challenges. I'm 173 pounds and that's not good for my height and build at all. Glad I found the group!
  • jillian2315
    jillian2315 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello! :D

I am 5'-2" and currently 130lbs holding weight in my "spare tire" (belly and love-handles). I would love to slim down to 120 but I have a desk job and lack motivation...haha. I am glad I found this group and will support you girls as much as I can. :) Add me as a friend!
  • campychick
    campychick Posts: 20
    Options
    What a great idea for a group! I'm 5'3 (almost) and I currently weigh 173 lbs. I am 47 years old, and used to run 4-5 miles a day about 5 years ago. I met a great guy, and got remarried and really haven't run since, and I adopted his eating habits! Not a real good choice on my part! Ha!

I've always been very curvy (even at low weights I have a large chest) and always carried extra weight in my stomach...now that I"ve gotten older, it's still in my stomach, but now I have a lot of extra weight in my butt and thighs!

My goals include weight loss (ideally 125, but even 135 sounds great to me) and exercise (back to running and strength training)!

Looking forward to having the support of this group!
  • janessafantasma
    janessafantasma Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Hey all, I'm Janessa. I'm 4'11 and I'm not sure what my current weight is, probably 175 (last weigh in) and I'd like to weigh about 130. Hopefully before I move to Guam in January!
  • RemaJoy
    RemaJoy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies,

I'm 24 and weigh 165. I'm 5ft tall. I'm ready to be healthy and lose about 50lbs. my goal weight is between 115-120. Feel free to add me. I would love support and accountability and love suggestions on my daily intake or advice about what to eat.