Reasons to drink water

Options
AmiC0717
AmiC0717 Posts: 440 Member
It's really hot right now where I live and the temp is supposed to be 100 to 102 today. I saw this photo on pinterest but couldn't figure out how to upload it.....LOL. So I thought I would repost it anyway as a reminder for us to get in our water. It's especially important during this type of weather.

Drink Water Because...

It suppresses appetite
It aids in digestion
It fights bloating
It tones and helps your muscles work
It flushes toxins out
It helps reduce cholesterol
It helps your liver function properly
It stops you from confusing hunger and thirst

Have a good strong week!

Replies

• knittingbandmom
    knittingbandmom Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this. I've really struggled with water these past few weeks and I don't know why. Well, yes I do. I purchased a case of Diet Cokes - that's why. Water really does make such a huge difference.
  • jmcdaniel0
    jmcdaniel0 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    It's really hot right now where I live and the temp is supposed to be 100 to 102 today. I saw this photo on pinterest but couldn't figure out how to upload it.....LOL. So I thought I would repost it anyway as a reminder for us to get in our water. It's especially important during this type of weather.

Drink Water Because...

It suppresses appetite
    It aids in digestion
    It fights bloating
    It tones and helps your muscles work
    It flushes toxins out
    It helps reduce cholesterol
    It helps your liver function properly
    It stops you from confusing hunger and thirst

Have a good strong week!

Simply Put. If food is the Gasoline for you body... then Water is the oil. With out it your body will lock up and burn out. Water is vital, and can not be replaced by soda, or any sports drink...

Drink water and lots of it.
  • CWatermelon
    CWatermelon Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I am drinking Metroelectro or Smart Water everyday to get the electrolytes in as well! I love my water! I even like being in the restroom all day long because I know it is evidence that the water is making my body stronger by doing all those things you stated!
  • sunshinedean
    sunshinedean Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I drink ALOT of water for all of these reasons but when my son asked me if I have to go to the bathroom @ night often too ~ I said yes. He said well think of this Mom ~ you are still moving even in your sleep!! LOL :drinker:
  • CWatermelon
    CWatermelon Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I drink ALOT of water for all of these reasons but when my son asked me if I have to go to the bathroom @ night often too ~ I said yes. He said well think of this Mom ~ you are still moving even in your sleep!! LOL :drinker:

He is so right! I get up so many times in the night!
  • knittingbandmom
    knittingbandmom Posts: 190 Member
    Options

He is so right! I get up so many times in the night!

LOL! I clearly am not drinking enough water then because I sleep like a log. I did run across another good reason to drink more water though. According to another post a few weeks back it helps keep your complexion clear. I'm all for that in 104 degree heat!
  • TerraLea
    TerraLea Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    We have had record breaking heat 2 or 3 days this week up to 106 (today) with heat index 110. Needless to say I have been drinking my water. 16 glass = 128oz. I only get up 1 times during the night maybe 2. I have almost talked myself out of doing Zumba because of being so hot, BUT I decided that the heat just helps me sweat more. :-) Thanks for the reminder of what water does for our body!