July Goals?

Options
bserwack
bserwack Posts: 51 Member
Hi there! Do any of you have alcohol-related goals set for July? Mine is to abstain completely for one month...wish me luck I have never tried this before :happy:

Replies

• mistyladidah
    mistyladidah Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Good luck! You can totally do it! (said a total stranger on the internet :happy: ) I hope to be there soon... maybe August for me.

I've been having a hard time coming up with July goals, since I seem to be getting busy, but I do want to be down to just wine or beer (preferably wine) in the next few weeks, so I guess a good deadline would be the end of July! I seem to drink way less of those since I don't like them as much. I think I'll lose a few pounds just with that change, but I hope to get moving regularly again too.
  • MadeOfMagic
    MadeOfMagic Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    My goal is to first not drink for a month at all, than really slowly re-introduce some alcohol, and learn to control my portions-so that in long time I won't abuse it like I do now :P
    Good luck with everyone else goals!
  • bserwack
    bserwack Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    StazzyBoo- this is my goal too so hold me accountable! I actually made it thru the 4th without drinking and was very impressed by myself :) Good luck over the weekend!
  • bixa
    bixa Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My goal is to not drink if it will put me over my calorie limit. Also, I'd like to cut back from 6-7 days of drinking a week to...4-5 days. It's unhealthy how much/often I drink. I think it's unrealistic for me to say I'm not going to drink for the full month. I'd like to try that down the road, but I think I'm more likely to succeed if I gradually reduce the amount I drink rather than stop altogether.

bserwack, great job not drinking on the 4th. I didn't go to any parties or anything. I stayed home and played Skyrim and drank beer. It was enjoyable. Good luck with your goals, everyone. It's nice to have a place to think about these things and share goals.
  • getsixpack
    getsixpack Posts: 49
    Options
    I need to quit completely - but so bored when you got nothing to do but SUMMER SCHOOL. Im gonna do it gradually i guess....
  • meljoemom
    meljoemom Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    getsixpack..... I would be confused with that user name!:wink:
  • mistyladidah
    mistyladidah Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    It's August! How did your goals go?

This was mine...

I've been having a hard time coming up with July goals, since I seem to be getting busy, but I do want to be down to just wine or beer (preferably wine) in the next few weeks, so I guess a good deadline would be the end of July! I seem to drink way less of those since I don't like them as much. I think I'll lose a few pounds just with that change, but I hope to get moving regularly again too.

I have mostly succeeded in drinking just wine, but the random night out I drank mixed drinks. The last few days here in August I've slipped and been drinking too much wine, and a bit of liquor, because I'm cleaning a lot and for some reason after something scuzzy I feel better after booze. :noway: It's definitely something I need to focus my attention on. In terms of weight, just in the last two days my weight has changed two pounds after being stuck for I don't remember how long... about a month. I am afraid to log the loss because it fluctuated a lot before just finally sticking at 175. I haven't been exercising, but have been moving more in general. :happy:
  • jplord
    jplord Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I was doing great though July (3 weeks vacation) and then at the end of JUly I went to a wedding weekend in Paso Robles, CA and the reception was unreal! All the fabulous local wines and no limits. All. Night. Long. I gained 2 lbs on my three week vacation and lost it promptly in a week. I gained 4 pounds over the wedding weekend, and it is slow to shed.

It's a simple ratio: the less I drink, the more I lose. The more I drink, the more I interfere with my meds (lithium, wellbutrin) and that doesn't do me or the people around me any favors.

I love my drinks. Grew up surrounded by a wine and cocktail culture from 1957 to the present. Now I keep asking myself "Is it worth it? Is the buzz and the flavors and the aromas and the rituals and all the sensual things I like about alcohol really worth it?"

I know the answer and I don't like it.
  • meljoemom
    meljoemom Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I know the answer and I don't like it.

Bummer,huh?!!!

I was rockin it between June and July then just conked out again. I do good for a couple weeks, then go off the deep end again. This last time I was in great shape and feeling really good and motivated for a month. Added on some time there. We need a new thread for August even though it's already the 11th. Every day is a new one! I got up and ran at 5 AM because I didn't have 5 beers last night, I had a diet pepsi when I got home and a half a glass of wine with dinner. Sunday I only had 1 beer. It's a start!