Do you let your dog/s sleep on the bed?

Options

Replies

• stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    We said we would never let the dog in the bed, then when my husband was gone I decided the bed was too lonely. When my husband came home he let the dog stay in the bed because he didn't shed. When we got a new puppy we said she couldn't sleep in the bed. When my husband left in January (the dog was about 10 months) I let her sleep in the bed too. My husband is allergic to the puppy but won't kick her out of the bed! Now they roam the house at night, sometimes they sleep at the foot of the bed, sometimes they sleep on the floor next to us. In the morning there's usually a human-puppy pile tangled in the sheets.
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    The question as I understand it is "Do you let your dog's sleep on the bed?" Correct?
    NO, I do not let my dog sleep on the bed, the Labrador just does and fights me for space until he gets kicked and then snuggles next to his female human guardian. The Dane neither is independent and unable to get onto the bed nor possesses the desire to, even as a puppy. My dogs have always been welcomed in the bed as long as they have proper etiquette.
  • lilac_meddow
    Options
    absolutely not....

wait a minute!
    henrysnugglebed.jpg

This is what mine looks like!
  • jen_ferrante
    jen_ferrante Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have 4 large dogs and a large husband and we all sleep in a king size Select Comfort bed! We should be on one of their commercials!
  • jen_ferrante
    jen_ferrante Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Awww! What a cutie!
    :happy:
    absolutely not....

wait a minute!
    henrysnugglebed.jpg

This is what mine looks like!
  • MalSponseller
    MalSponseller Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Usually, no. During the day if the boyfriend or I am lounging on the bed he can join us, but sleeping at night with us is a no-no, just not enough room.

However, my boyfriend is currently in Ireland for fives weeks and both myself and Boss are a little depressed that he's gone, so he's in bed with me at night for the moment.
  • vicky1804
    vicky1804 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Our cat sleeps at the bottom of the bed, and then during the night comes and gets under the blanket on my side and snuggles right into me.
    It used to be I couldnt sleep when he did this but I sleep better now when he does lol
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    We crated our Golden for the first year and that worked out well as he developed good self-reliance and independence. After that first year (or a little later), we decided that life with a dog is way too short, and we wanted to spend more time together, so we gave him permission to climb on in. The funny thing was that, if I got up for any length of time whatsoever, he would immediately move into 'my' spot next to my wife, instead of "his" spot at the foot of the bed. Yeah the dog hair was a pain, but I wouldn't have wanted to miss any of it. And now that he is gone, it's a much emptier place.

This is how one of our dogs is too. He is "My" dog and it's his mission to protect me from the wind blowing.

I'm sorry for your loss. :-(
  • paulipet
    paulipet Posts: 70
    Options
    Absolutely and for a little Westie she can take up a large amount of space. She is supposed to stay on "her" pillow but I guess she didn't get the memo. :happy:
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Not usually...unless he's being ultra cute or if I'm home alone.
    And he's pretty great when he has to get off the bed and move to his basket. All I have to say is "this isn't your bed."
  • mogriff1
    mogriff1 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    My dogs (Mini Poodles Bianca and Bentley) can nap and lounge anywhere they want in my house (including my sofa, chairs, and bed- as you can see on my profile picture and my tracker). However at bed time they sleep in their own beds in their own room. Simply because my hubby and I would not get any sleep. We would be exhausted for work and I'm an extremely light sleeper. They would be all over us. We have a king sized bed, but they'd prefer to lay on top of us, spoon and up against our backs.

Plus, they move around ALOT. They each have 2 beds apiece in their room and in the morning they are in different places from where they started from.

Sometimes, when hubby is away for work for days to weeks, I am tempted to let them sleep with me; but that would be unfair to them to change it up once he came back home. So I keep the ritual the same as they are used to the sleeping arrangements.

But I do love to cuddle, snuggle, lounge and nap with my babes on the bed or sofa sometimes for hours at a time. (outside from bedtime). XOXOXO
  • Tin2145459
    Options
    Yes! i love my pomeranian, he feels like a teddy bear(: & you know what they say, dog owners tend to live longer lives than those without!
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Yes and she's a bit of a bed hog.
  • dixiech1ck
    dixiech1ck Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    My dogs have 8 beds, I have 1. Two of them sleep with me, one will sleep at the foot of my bed in her own bed because she doesn't get along with the other female and is old and set in her ways. For two 7 lbs pups, they take up more room than I do!!
  • CarrieBeard
    CarrieBeard Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    one dog.... has 3 "Dog Beds"... but some how manages to sleep between his human parents on a nightly basis. Amazing the power these four legged critters have over us. They are too smart.
  • aegisprncs
    aegisprncs Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    My 95 lb puppy doesn't like sleeping on the bed unless she's home alone and can take the whole thing up!
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Yes! i love my pomeranian, he feels like a teddy bear(: & you know what they say, dog owners tend to live longer lives than those without!
    Yes they do.... And I love your ticker!
  • janessafantasma
    janessafantasma Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Every. Single. Night. I couldn't sleep without my baby there.
  • gertudejekyl
    gertudejekyl Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    No. he sleeps on his bed right next to my bed. If I sleep too long he snorts a little and then jumps up to
    be friendly and cute so I'll give him breakfast. That's nice. Chihuahua's do snore a little. You can see chihuahuas with sleep apnea on youtube. :indifferent:
  • janessafantasma
    janessafantasma Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    No. he sleeps on his bed right next to my bed. If I sleep too long he snorts a little and then jumps up to
    be friendly and cute so I'll give him breakfast. That's nice. Chihuahua's do snore a little. You can see chihuahuas with sleep apnea on youtube. :indifferent:

I have a Japanese Chin and he snores on occasion and it's adorable. He usually only snores when he sleeps on his back and he sounds like a little old man when he does it. He always sticks his tongue out when he sleeps though.

p.s. you're dog is adorable. Assuming he's the handsome fellow in your profile pic :)