Expected Weight Loss

Options
jackylane
jackylane Posts: 13 Member
Hi all, I'm new to Medifast (on day 4) and was wondering how much everyone lost their first week/month. I would assume the more you weigh the more you lose?

Replies

• amuchison
    amuchison Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! and yes the more weight you have to lose the quicker it comes off my first week I started Aug 20,2011 I dropped 13lbs my first month well 5 weeks dropped 24.6lbs:) The avg loss is 2-5lbs a week so you can expect to drop somewhere in there more your first week cause u drop off water weight and then 8-20lbs a month:)
  • jsoders
    jsoders Posts: 8
    Options
    Hello!! My first week I lost 11.8 pounds and the first month I lost 21.2 pounds.
  • JackieMac979
    JackieMac979 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    The most I've lost in muy first month was 23 pounds. I've lost 30 in 6 weeks a few times. Good luck!
  • gleahy77
    gleahy77 Posts: 38
    Options
    I am almost finished with week 5 but my first week I lost 12.1. I am down 18.2 so far. Looking to lose 2 more this week and praying to keep a steady weight loss over the next few weeks beforfe we go on vacation!
  • littleredjd
    Options
    Welcome! Personally, I lost 6 pounds my first week and 13 pounds my first month. I started in the last week of April 2012 and have lost just over 27 pounds total.
  • goldendoodle1
    goldendoodle1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I lost 6 my first week and 16 my first month. After that I averaged between 7 and 10 per month (and totalled 120 in 11 months). Women lose slower than men and the older you are, the slower you lose (I was 43 when I started). Don't be discouraged if you don't lose as fast as the super-losers- any loss is a good loss!
  • jackylane
    Options
    I'm so excited to be on this program, because I know it will work! Today's my fifth day and I'm got a burst of energy when I woke up today. I have about 140 to lose, but I also don't have a thyroid so hopefully my synthroid doesn't slow me down.
  • nicolelara
    nicolelara Posts: 22
    Options
    Not necessarily. I lost 5 lbs my first week, 4 my second and I get weighed tomorrow. However tomorrow is really my 2.5 week date as I was weigh previously on a Monday, anyway. It seems to be going well. The center counted that I lost 9 lbs the first week as I got weight twice within the saturday to saturday time. I guess it is the end goal that counts, but I am thrilled!! Hope I lose tomorrow, but maybe not as I already weighed this week. Good luck!!
  • nicolelara
    Options
    That is AMAZING wow, great to hear!!!!
  • nicolelara
    Options
    Amazing weigh loss. I guess I should count the 9 lbs they counted for my first week!
  • jackylane
    Options
    Well, I lost 12 pounds! Not bad for my first week :)
  • golden714
    golden714 Posts: 1
    Options
    I lost 10 my first week I am now on week 5 and have lost 22. I am averaging about 3 each week.
  • gleahy77
    gleahy77 Posts: 38
    Options
    I'm so excited to be on this program, because I know it will work! Today's my fifth day and I'm got a burst of energy when I woke up today. I have about 140 to lose, but I also don't have a thyroid so hopefully my synthroid doesn't slow me down.

I don't have my thyroid either. I am in the beginning of week 6 and have lost 20.7 lbs so far. You can do it! Are you scheduled to see your Dr in the next couple months to check your tsh levels? I will be going in August again just to be sure that everything is doing good. One thing that I have had to do is use the shakes, drinks, or eat the medifast eggs in the morning because they are whey protein and not soy so it helps my thyroid mess get absorbed better before I have any soy. The soy can make your medicine less effective. I have 120 total to lose so I completely understand what this all means to both os us to lose it!
  • amuchison
    Options
    Also be sure to track your inches so when the scale slows down you have a measure of your success as well keep in mind how your clothing fits buy a smaller size jean and keep trying them on every week until you can fit them:)
  • jackylane
    Options
    Second week: My scale is either broken or I've gained 1 pound. Is that normal? I'm not doing anything different than last week :(
  • cwade1021
    cwade1021 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    This is round #2 after baby #2 ;)

The first time I did it I lost 19lbs the first 4 weeks. My first week loss was 8.2lbs

I am back today is day 1 for me. Can't wait to get this weight off FOR GOOD! Glad to see this board is active.
  • littleredjd
    Options
    Second week: My scale is either broken or I've gained 1 pound. Is that normal? I'm not doing anything different than last week :(

I had a zero loss my second week. Don't give up! Just make sure you are not cheating and are measuring your lean & green foods.
  • nicolelara
    Options
    I just did my third week weigh in and lost 14.5 total since starting. My total first week was 9 lbs , but it was really 11 in my first two weeks, cos it depends when you go in to be weighed. As long as we are losing!!
  • amuchison
    Options
    Your body is still adjusting the first few weeks take your total avg so lets say you lost 10 your first week and 0 your second week then you lost 5lbs a week and thats the high avg!! Whatever your loss be happy and its not a gain and if you r every still concerned have your health coach or one of us vets take a look at your food diary and we can tell you where you may be going wrong as well if you arent drinking half you body weight in water start!!
  • cwade1021
    cwade1021 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    It's not uncommong to have a stall on week 2 or 3. Just average it out over the course of your journey and it will be but a blip in your journey.

I'm sure you're not but just make sure you are eating on plan, no extras, drinking ALL your water, etc.