Coffee Help??

Options
skruser99
skruser99 Posts: 5 Member
So...I got a couple gift cards to local coffee shops as I love coffee. What do you get at a coffee shop as a "mfer"?

Replies

• shopper46
    shopper46 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I get bottled water and sit with my friends (I teach, I got a lot too) I also will at times(rarely) get a tea and bring my own bottle of stevia to add a drop. I learned to drink tea with no creams or milk I try to stay away from dairy even before medifast.
  • varnerific
    varnerific Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    If you get a hot or iced americano with a splash of cream and either splenda or a sugar free flavored syrup, that's pretty low cal/low carb.
    http://www.starbucks.com/menu/drinks/espresso/caffe-americano?foodZone=9999#size=94

Or the skinny peppermint mocha isn't super bad. (100 cal / 13 carbs)
  • amuchison
    amuchison Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    You could always gift them to someone who goes to Starbucks;)
  • calla130
    Options
    Maybe order plain coffee and add a package of MF cappuccino or your favorite shake to it. And of course, there's always tea. Have fun! :smile:
  • snowstorme
    snowstorme Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Do they expire? If not save them for transition and maintenance as a goal reward:)
  • lissa71
    lissa71 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    How many of you still drink coffee? I have one - two cups a day with sweetner not sugar and sugar-free creamer...And I am wondering if this is slowing me down????
  • KatrinaG2012
    KatrinaG2012 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    How many of you still drink coffee? I have one - two cups a day with sweetner not sugar and sugar-free creamer...And I am wondering if this is slowing me down????

I do too and it has not slowed me down thus far however I am still a newbie so it might later on or my losses might be greater without it. I am satisfied with them right now so as far as I am concerned "if it aint broke, don't fix it". I use sweet leaf flavored stevia in english toffee or french vanilla and a mini svg of real cream. Occasionally I indulge in the various coffeemate sugar free flavors but I am trying to ween myself off of those due to all the ingredients I can't pronounce:) and they are higher in calorie.
  • JackieMac979
    JackieMac979 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I don't drink coffee but I have plain herbal tea very often. I'd suggest tea from Starbucks! Or maybe plain coffee and then add a SF flavoring to it. I also like the idea of saving them for a decadent maintenance treat, if you prefer that.

If I had some, I'd either get tea for myself or buy my husband or son a treat they could have.
  • AJHarman
    AJHarman Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I know there is something at Starbucks coffee related that is okay to have, but I don't know what it is. Perhaps call Nutrition Support and ask? Or if you have a health coach through Take Shape For Life then ask them. That person would probably know. I know caffeine is great for reving up your metabolism. And of course tea is awesome! that would be my preferred choice.
  • gardengirlkp
    gardengirlkp Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee black, with equal, or sugar free Torani or davinchi. Depending on my mood. Missing low fat milk and skinny lattes. Will bring that back on in transition. Could also buy big deep mugs for nuking mf meals in the micro
  • AJHarman
    AJHarman Posts: 35 Member
    Options

Caffeine actually speeds things up! That's why the calorie burn products contain caffeine (which gives you a real "kick"). I dont' drink coffee but I haven't heard of this slowing any of my clients down. Has your weight loss slowed down?
  • tmaksparkie
    Options
    I still drink coffee, but black nothing in it. I have two cups a day one in the morning and the other in the afternoon with my brownie meal, it's delish.
  • TravelGirlJK
    TravelGirlJK Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I bring one of the starbucks plastic re-usable cups (many stores sell generic as well). Have them fill with iced coffee and I put a packet of hot cocoa or choc shake in it. Then put the lid on (it has a tight rubber seal so no leaks!) and then put my finger over the straw hole and shake it, shake it, shake it. Looks like a frap or an iced mocha..tastes great too. I love those plastic cups! Invaluable for me on MF.
  • nicolelara
    nicolelara Posts: 22
    Options
    I use my condiment allowance to have the one coffee a day. Or mix the hot cappuccino shake into it. For hot tea (i am english) I use 1 tbls 1 per cent milk (condiment) I guess it is what is important??