Target ranges for daily intake of Carbs/Protein/Fat?

Options
I feel confused about what an ideal day on MF looks like. I've heard between 80-100 for carbs but that seems high. Protein is a bit all over the map for me depending on my L&G from 80 on low days to 150 on high days. Fat kinda lurks around 20-30. What do you all shoot for and does anyone have actual details on this? I'd like to set my MFP preferences to be in alignment with a great day on MF!

Replies

• elvisneedsboats
    elvisneedsboats Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    According to MF, the ideal carb range for fat-burning is 80-85 per day, but you can have up to 100 if necessary. I try to keep my protein around 100 or more. I more or less let fat do whatever it will, but try not to have lots of high fat days in a row. Calories I try to keep in the 800-1000 range.

You can go look at my diary to see how I have my targets set up. It works pretty well for me!

Michelle
  • lissa71
    lissa71 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I have mine set on custom to 1000 calories; 30% carbs; 45% protein; and 25% fat and it seems to work for me. But I don't always lose 2-5 lbs a week either - but then again I don't always follow it 100%. Life just gets in the way.
  • mellzorz70
    mellzorz70 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you - that was helpful!
  • mylyhud
    mylyhud Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Check out my food diary and my self-set settings.:flowerforyou:
  • nicolelara
    nicolelara Posts: 22
    Options
    How can you self set the settings?