Eating at TDEE between cuts

Options
My question is about activity while eating at TDEE. I have been eating at TDEE-15% during April, May and June so I decided to eat at TDEE for the first week in July (I had seen something before about taking a "diet" break every 8-12 weeks).

Should I maintain my regular workout schedule as well? I did take my morning walk yesterday because it was too beautiful not to, but in general I have been thinking "Rest Week" and trying not to be as active is usual. Is this right?

Replies

• swingkid1975
    swingkid1975 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I want to know too. I'm getting ready to start a reset week next week and didn't know what to do about exercise. Are you supposed to just eat at TDEE and keep the same exercise or eat at TDEE and no exercise?
  • shrek1970uk
    shrek1970uk Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I would also like to see the answer to this question ???
  • bsinno
    bsinno Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    hmm...me too!
  • mturgeon05
    mturgeon05 Posts: 204
    Options
    I know for me, my body loves when I take a break from exercise..especially when I have been training hard. I don't think it would do any harm to not be as active as usual. But remember, you TDEE was calculated with that exercise in mind, so if you keep eating that number, you are most likely going to be going over.
  • GoGoGadgetMum
    GoGoGadgetMum Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I'm taking a week at tdee now, this will be my 2nd time. The first time I was sick so no exercise and maintained. But this week I'll be doing normal stuff as I :heart: my new routine.
  • nutritionwhiz
    Options
    That's what I was thinking too - that TDEE includes exercise so I should keep my schedule.

Part of the reason I choose this week to take a break is because I have a 10K on Saturday. So with my hour walk yesterday and the 10K I will still be maintaining my 3-5 hrs. (if I did my regular routine I would probably have hit 7+ hrs - as I may have to walk the 2 miles to and from the 10k also).

So I'm feeling good about my plan for this week. Just wondering also for the future as it seems to be recommended to take a break from deficit every once in a while.

Any other thoughts?
  • twoboys2012
    twoboys2012 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    i would say stay with your normal exercise routine or else your TDEE would be calculated wrong as this has your exercise cals in it. It is just meant to be a break were you can refuel and have a mini break from eating a little less

:flowerforyou: