Your typical grocery list?

Options
New to low carbing (well, may not be "low" to some, but it's a big reduction for me). Trying to go grainless, but not going to be a Paleo nazi as I once tried that and it didn't work out for me. I'm curious what people have on their "staples" of groceries. Meals seem kind of obvious: meat, vegetable, some kind of cooking fat. But what about for snacks? I have some raw almonds (because if they're the roasted kind I'll eat them all) and some string cheese, but what else?

Replies

• dhill_84
    dhill_84 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Im new to LC too but these are a few of mine

hard boiled eggs
    cheese
    pepperoni sticks(treat)
    almonds
    deli meat rolled up
  • darrcn5
    darrcn5 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Let's see-
    Boneless skinless chicken breasts
    ground beef
    Pork chops
    Seasonings for the above
    Butter and/or olive oil for cooking
    Cheese
    Pepperoni
    Bacon
    Eggs
    Cream cheese
    Liquid egg whites
    Spinach
    Lettuce
    Zucchini
    Tomatoes
    Cauliflower
    Green Beans
    Strawberries
    Almonds or mixed nuts
  • volume77
    volume77 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Let's see
    -chicken sausages
    Chicken breasts
    Pork rinds
    Sugar free jello
    Unsweetened almond milk
    Pickles
    Tuna packs
    Beef sticks
    String cheese
    Hard billed eggs
    Cauliflower
    Shiratake tofu noodles
    Broccoli
    LC tortillas

Specialty products ( I cn only find them at health food stores and online)
    Ezsweetz
    Quest bars
    Flaxseed meal
    WAlden farms salad dressings
    Unsweetened soynut butter
    - walden farms products
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Snacks:

-Home made low carb scotch eggs (eggs, ground pork, seasonings, crushed pork rinds)

- MIMs (Ground flax, baking powder, splenda, egg, sugar free flavouring/cocoa powder)

- Mini frittata muffins (eggs, meat/cheese, dash of cream, seasonings)

- Tuna patties (tinned tuna, herbs/seasonings/ egg/ cream cheese)

- home made mini meatballs (ground/minced lamb/pork/turkey or beef, herbs, garlic, egg)

- Cauliflower falafel (cauli, almonds, chilli, spices, herbs)

- Parmesan crisps

- Nuts (Almonds, macademias mainly).

- Frozen berries (Frozen bag of mixed raspberries/cherries/blueberries/blackberries) Taste like sorbet bites.

- Small pots of full fat greek yoghurt (about 7g carbs per pot) for a treat.

- small pots of sugar free jelly (Jell-o)

- Pork rinds/ Pork scratchings/ pork crunch.

- Pepperoni sticks (pepperami)

- Cheese sticks.

- Marinated olives/ artichokes/ peppers

- Devilled eggs

- Ham & cheese roll ups.

- Smoked salmon & cream cheese roll ups

- cucumber sticks or celery & home made salsa/guacamole or sour cream & herb dip.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    broc, zuch, b. sprouts, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, peppers, garlic, avocado, spaghetti squash

steak, a few forms of chicken/pork, ground beef, bacon, sausage

truvia, pecans, canned spinach, tea, coffee, pickles, olives, flax/almond meal

cream, cheese, sour cream, almond milk, cream cheese

pastrami, baked ham, roast beef (if rare) pepperoni
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Pretty much what everyone else mentioned.

Snacks, I eat hard boiled eggs, cucumbers w/ cream cheese (YUM!), pork rinds, avocado, or sometimes save part of my lunch to eat later. deli meat, sometimes with cheese, wrap in lettuce if you want to keep your fingers clean. :laugh: Macadamia nuts, as I've found other nuts can sometimes make me sleepy afterwards.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    I won't repeat the other's suggestions (all good) but I'll add some Kangaroo steak (very good for you) and quality Ice Cream (I shop for the family and have been known to have a spoonful or two at the end of the day ... and the taste, after minimising all other sugars, is sublime).

Stuff from the middle of the supermarket: Eggs, some canned chopped tomatos, tinned tuna, cereal and porridge ( the last two for the others). One day I'll stop using the supermarket and get more local produce, has to be a good thing ...

Stuff I cannot be without: Eggs, bacon, cheese, 'hey, that will kill you' cooking fat (currently 100% animal fat, tasty ...), Cayenne pepper, coffee, cream, green tea, and red wine, this is a grocery, right? Just another form of grapes? :)

Enjoy, y'all, you know it makes sense :)
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Eggs
    four to five varieties of cheese
    cream cheese
    butter - and plenty of it
    fresh herbs like basil, sage, rosemary, thyme, cilantro (gotta have my homemade salsa and pico de gallo), parsley

TONS of zucchini, summer squash (my pasta replacement), sweet peppers of all colors and varieties
    Iceberg, romaine and bibb lettuce
    red onion, onions
    fresh carrots (with the greenery)
    roma tomatoes
    avocados

napa
    mung bean
    thai chili
    thai basil
    ginger
    garlic

I go to Sams Club for a case of boneless chicken breasts, whole roaster chickens, eye round beef, pork loin, pork ribs, pork butt, roast beef, prime rib, extra-thick cut nitrate-free bacon, and all my dry spices (I do plenty of season rubs), and I also put an order in for 25-30# whole turkeys as well.

I get my seafood only on the days the shipment comes in. If its not same-day fresh, I refuse to purchase it. I will ******never****** purchase frozen seafood...

Often I can get some great deals if I head to Ipswich, MA... I have my Serv-Safe Manager's certification so I know the ins-and-outs of the USDA guidlines and definitely know the kind of quality Im looking for...
  • mstorvik
    mstorvik Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Loving this thread! Gotta save this for later!

I know I can't live without heavy whipping cream + vanilla protein powder + unsweetened almond milk + ice at the end of the day in a blender with ground flaxmeal if needed. It kills my sweet tooth! I stay away from all those prepackaged low carb things... you don't need any fake ice cream with this little concoction! :)

pork rinds... I keep forgetting I can eat those!!

Also, I just purchased coconut oil on the internet :)
  • alisonrose01
    Options
    One of my favorite snacks to have on hand is the laughing cow (full fat) cream cheese wedges. Such lovely little serving sizes! Take a piece of salami and spread a bit o cheese on it...roll it up...its delicious!

Another one, and this is a guilty pleasure...Scharffen Berger 82% chocolate. OMG so good!