Water fasting

Options
Hi all,

I wanted to ask if anyone knows more about water fasting, if they've tried it in the past, was it successful? I met a friend of mine today who did this just for a week, and you can see the results even her skin was glowing. I know it can be incorporated into the alternate day fasting, so I was just curious. Also if anyone has done it, how long did you do it for?

Keep on going guys. x

Replies

• maidofstone
    maidofstone Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi,

A lot of my down days i only drink water, i started it mainly because i find if i eat even a tiny amount i then get really hungry and find it harder to stick below 500 calls, but if i don't eat anything i find it much easier. I always seem to lose more weight as well with a couple of water only days in there.

If i wake up feeling like i'm hungry this down day is going to be hard, i do a water day to make it easier for myself (as crazy as that might sound!) i don't have a set routine for it,

hope this helps x
  • 4thehardman
    4thehardman Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    I'm having a water day tomorrow but I don't think it is healthy to do it too often and I always make sure I have all my vits and minerals in tablet or liquid form.
  • annieviolent
    Options
    I'm not doing the alternate day diet, I'm doing Eat Stop Eat. One or two days a week you don't eat anything and only drink non-caloric beverages for 24 hours. So basically on Mondays and Wednesdays I stop eating after dinner and then break the fast on Tuesdays and Thursdays at a later dinner time. So say dinner ends at 7:30pm on Monday then I don't eat again until 7:30pm on Tuesday. I find it to be pretty easy.
  • 4thehardman
    4thehardman Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    I tried the water fast and lost track sooooo quickly. I'm going to stick to my 500cals. Maybe when I'm closer to goal I will be able to go all day without food. I found the 500cal limit easy but the water fast made me binge in the evening leading to 3 up days in a row. Kudos to those that can manage it. I tried it and its not for me right now. Good luck everyone doing this way. Kepp us pegged on your results :)