Week 1 - (7/2-7/8)

Options
RachVR6
RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
Here we go ladies! What are your goals for the following 10 weeks? How are you going to make it happen??

Replies

• RachVR6
    Options
    I want to see 155 on the scale. My birthday is right at the end of the 10weeks and I refuse to be at the same weight I was last year. I'm actually 2lbs above that weight right now.

I'm going to stick with my stronglifts and sprints and make sure I'm eating enough!
  • jilleencaizzi
    jilleencaizzi Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Ok so I'm starting this round with TOM!! Current weight is 154!! I'm really going to give this my all and stop slacking in the workout department. Going to go back to my am workouts no excuses and start bringing my own snacks to all of these cookouts and parties.. I really want to lose these last 24lbs so I can start maintain mode!! Happy new round one Thanks again Rach!!
  • RachVR6
    Options
    I'm starting out on TOM too! Ugh.
  • Kalee34
    Kalee34 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I'm supposed to start TOM tomorrow:grumble:
    129 this morning:noway: :happy: .
    My goal weight is 127, but I would like to see if I could make it to 125 by the end of these 10 weeks:huh:. LOL!!
  • loverstreet
    loverstreet Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    My goal is to be able to complete a 10K by the end of this round. I start training this week.
  • karen_thinmint
    karen_thinmint Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I was doing so well this week!! Then this afternoon and 3 margaritas later today =\ I will do better tomorrow, Forth of July or not :o)
  • karen_thinmint
    karen_thinmint Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    My goals for the next 10 weeks:

8 glasses of water a day (not including tea or whatever else)
    exercise at least 3x a week
    stay within calorie goals (right now set to 1250, but I allow anything under 1600... 1250 is just the goal)
  • amcmillan730
    amcmillan730 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I'd like to lose at least 10 lbs in 10 weeks!
  • PineappleMartini
    PineappleMartini Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'd like to lose 10 pounds in 10 weeks
    Run/jog or do whatever it is that I call running 3x a week
    HIIT cardio 2x week
    By the time this ends I'll have 7 weeks until my wedding and I want to look trim(er) in my swing dress!
  • RachVR6
    Options
    So I guess we're about halfway through week one. My main struggle right now is eating ENOUGH! Crazy.

Without a schedule at all really, I'll find that it's 3 or 4 in the afternoon before I realize I haven't eaten so I average one, maybe two meals a day. I really need to make sure I'm eating enough!!
  • kristalael
    kristalael Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose 10 lbs in 10 weeks.

I'm struggling with staying within 1200 calories on days I don't work out so trying to get some kind of workout in everyday, even if it's just a quick walk! Eating healthy is so expensive so practicing portion control is a big thing for me, I also need to watch my carb intake because I can easily consume all of my allowed carbs for the day before lunch.

I also want to be able to run for 5 minutes straight so I need to get my inhaler and get this asthma in check!

Lastly, I want to be able to do 1 more burpee each week. I can currently do about 4 before my HR is at 80% and I'm struggling to breathe. PATHETIC!

I am not going to focus so much on what the scale says and let it discourage me and focus more on building muscle so I can burn fat easier.

Thanks Rach for all of your support and hard work, can't wait to see how everyone does over the next 10 weeks!! :happy:

7512001.png
  • sray30
    sray30 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Sorry I'm super late posting. I thought we were starting next week. I'm up a little from the end of last round, 182.2.

I'm having real difficulty getting in 3 meals and two snacks a day. It's so hot that I don't want to eat. I'm finding that I'm not getting in all 80 oz of water either. I've had my 7 year-old stepson this week and it's been crazy with running around that we've been eating out a lot. McDonald's, fried shrimp, Burger King. I don't like eating that stuff and I really don't want him eating it either but I haven't been able to plan meals this week so we aren't left with a lot of choices.

So my goals are
    plan out lunches and dinners
    make sure to get all my calories in every day
    drink my 80 oz of water daily
    get back into TurboFire and jogging in the evening
    get back to my 2lbs a week loss - 20 pounds this round :)

Good luck ladies!!
  • RetroGlitzDiva
    RetroGlitzDiva Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    So I guess we're about halfway through week one. My main struggle right now is eating ENOUGH! Crazy.

Without a schedule at all really, I'll find that it's 3 or 4 in the afternoon before I realize I haven't eaten so I average one, maybe two meals a day. I really need to make sure I'm eating enough!!

I think that is why the weekends are so hard for me. Maybe we should make a schedule so we are still treating our bodies good!
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    We're in the same boat with starting off on TOM. :sick: Hoping that seeing that water weight fall off will be a motivator in the end!

I'm hoping to get down another 10 lbs. The weight moved faster when I was higher up there, and I'm hoping that the activity from the new job (always standing or walking around now) will help to make up for being a bit too tired to work out on some days. I'm also a bit limited on what I can do, only in terms of how it will hurt the next day. I did squats a few days ago, and the following day was almost unable to pick things up off the ground. :laugh: Kind of weird having to set a limit when I feel great at the moment just so that I don't cripple myself for the next day at work!
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Ready for week 1 weigh-ins tomorrow!?
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to it!
  • Tobi1013
    Tobi1013 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Not sure where we are weighing in for the end of this week, so I'm doing it here!!

As of this morning, I am 180.4 - down one pound from last week!!! :bigsmile:

As for my goals (since I've not had a minute to post here all week), they have changed a bit in the last week. I originally thought that I was gonna get back to doing StrongLifts, but have rethought that decision. Instead, I am starting my half marathon training using a program designed by Runner's World magazine. The BF and I are both doing it in preparation for a half that we will be doing at the end of September! Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday will be running days. All of the others will be rest and/or cross training. So, the BF and I will be doing some circuit training stuff in the mornings on M, W, F and I will also be doing yoga a few nights a week. Additionally, I will continue to take the bootcamp class at my gym on Saturday mornings.

As for weight loss, I have my calories set to lose 1/2 lb per week so I will be happy if I lose at least 5 lbs this round.
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Well, goal for the next ten weeks: figure out what the #&%@*^ I'm doing wrong that I gained back 10 of the 40lbs I lost and change it so I can lose those 10 and hopefully continue losing beyond that. I did up my cals since I wasn't losing at the 1470 MFP recommended and I was constantly hungry. I checked out the eat more to weigh less group and am hoping the 3 I gained was because of upping the cals (I went up to 1800, not the 2106 that was recommended as my TDEE-15%,) have noticed that I'm not feeling like I am constantly hungry at least. Since I have a part time 2nd job, I may see how much it costs for me to work with a personal trainer at the gym once a week for a few weeks and maybe that will help get me on track too. Open to suggestions if anyone has some
  • MarieKae45
    MarieKae45 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I've recommitted and been back on the wagon for close to 30 days.

My goals are:
    To eat clean everyday.
    Limit myself to one Diet Pepsi at work a day...ultimately weaning myself off again.
    Walk as much as possible.
    Cut my fat intake to half of my daily allowance everyday...which means really committing to making my own lunches.
    Be active daily within my MFP community
    Post my weight every week and be more active with the Pin-Ups!!

I really find that it helps to keep up on the conversation :flowerforyou: