Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

So are almonds ok or not ok??

Elizabeth_M
Elizabeth_M Posts: 562 Member
As I try to figure out what works for my thyroid AND my weight loss combined, I would like to know if I can use almond flour which a lot of recipes call for. Do you think coconut flour would work just as well in it's place? I've seen conflicting things on whether or not it's a goitrogen.

Am dying for a treat after really being 90% sugar and bad-carb free this week - found a recipe on Pinterest for Raspberry streusal bars but it calls for Almond flour.

Thanks all!

Replies

• debbylee22
    debbylee22 Posts: 456 Member
    My Naturopath said almonds are fine. I've seen other "successful" folks here (Terri) that eat almonds... guess you could try it & see?

I ate them yesterday, no bloat... don't know how else we could tell...
  • Elizabeth_M
    Hi Debby! Thanks! :)

I didn't know if you would actually 'see' anything happening - that it would happen inside, you know? lol I just don't want to do ANYthing that screws up my thyroid - anymore!!!
  • peajay50
    peajay50 Posts: 12
    I eat them too. As well as walnuts and hazel nuts and sunflower seeds; unsalted. I've been doing that since 2006 when first starting thyroid meds. No ill affects.
  • Elizabeth_M
    Thanks peajay. :)

I was eating them every day since I started map in January, and then read that they were goitrogenic...so I haven't since, and I miss my almonds!

I have started with pumpkin and sunflower seeds though, as well as brazil nuts.

Thanks ladies!