Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Here we go again...

MmmDrop
MmmDrop Posts: 160 Member
Alot of you already know my story - in January Cytomel was added to my Synthroid regimine, and for the first time in a long time I was finally feeling human again. I was actually seeing results from all my hard work excercising and lost 38 pounds after ballooning to 217 because of my thyroidectomy and sub-par treatment with meds afterwords. I felt amazing. I didn't feel hyper whatsoever, but - 3 months after cytomel was added, my TSH became supressed, and my endo at the time changed my dose yet again.

Ever since then, I've been slowly gaining the weight back, struggling in vain to get in under control. The depression is creeping back, and all I want to do is cry. I have a new doctor who switched my meds from Synthroid + Cytomel to Armour, and I've been on the new dose for 3 weeks. Although it feels a lot smoother than what I had been taking, I still don't feel good. I have labs in 2 more weeks.... but I just don't know what to do. This disease has literally turned my life upside down, and honestly, after going through this for 4 years, I don't see how others who have done it for a lot longer do it. Is there a trick to keeping your sanity? I had just been getting to the point where I actually enjoyed leaving my house after hiding away for so long.

Okay - enough of my rant. I'm going to go hide out in my bedroom and have a good cry.

Replies

• peajay50
    peajay50 Posts: 12
    MmmDrop, I'll cry with you, even today. ((((HUGS)))

I remember those days when first starting my thyroid medication; crying, depression and hopelessness. Just hold on.... once the meds are properly administered all will be manageable again. The trick is listening to that little voice that keeps telling you, "Stick with it, Stick with it." Right now you are holding on by your fingernails, and they are bending under the weight. Let me repeat, HOLD ON.

I've been on Armour for 6 years. I remember it took almost 3-6 months to get that "whole" feeling again. My meds dosage changed twice; from 30mg to 60mg, then to 60/90mg alternating days. I also supplement, B6, B12 and Complex B Vitamins; for my moods and overall mental well being. I would purposely leisure walk around my house, doing laps just so I felt productive during that period. Then incorporated 3 pounds weights into my daily regimen; 1 set of 10 reps when I could. This activity sets off what I call "Happy Hormones", those endorphines that create happiness and mental well being in people. Also step outside and look up at the sun [with eyes closed of course] - Vitamin D helps with mood too. Fresh air also stimulates "life" too. These simple acts can help you feel at least somewhat human during your "down" time.

These tasks helped me stay sane, but still... many days I didnt feel like even rolling out of bed to potty. Fighting the fog of depression and fatigue were just too much on those days. However, even doing tasks later in the day that exert energy, like washing dishes, folding clothes or dusting the end table, can make you feel like you are still with the living.

Let me say this one more time before I close... Hold On, the light is going to be bright again. ((((HUGS))))