7/6 ~ 7/13 Challenge/Goals

Options
sunshinedean
sunshinedean Posts: 82 Member
I was thinking we need to be taking positive steps toward healthier living and there is no better way then to set goals ~ BUT alot of threads have people competing against each other. I thought we could set our own challenge / goal and improve ourselves while encouraging each other! What do you think?

For this week my goal is to improve my caloric burn in the water. Up until now I have used MFP values for my swiming and I heard they are generous in those values and my efforts may not be as strong as hte average Joe ~ SOOO I ordered an Heart Rate Monitor and I plan to learn how to use it and calculate more accurately what I am burning.

I also plan on searching for different food options ~ I am a creature of habit; eat alot of the same foods every day. I want to explore my options alittle!!

Replies

• statuefinder
    Options
    I like it, My main goal is to continue to follow the goals tracking food and using the 1240 diet that my fitness pal calc suggested.
    I will join you in working out in the water exercises again I used to go everyday. Increase my water intake.
  • buckeyegirl0103
    buckeyegirl0103 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I need to get back on track with my C25K- I had some issues last week with some flare ups and the heat/humidity here in Ohio- I wasn't feeling good at all. Now that my girls are home, my house is perfect- (well, at least until the girls start playing with all their stuff again! LOL!!) I think I can get back to my routine! My goal is to get to the gym 3 times this week to finish up W5 of my C25K.

I have a HRM as well... I LOVE mine!!
  • DawnMcUK
    DawnMcUK Posts: 53
    Options
    I have just ordered one of the 'fitbit' monitors from eBay and plan to not only try and increase my activity levels, and count it accurately, but also evaluate my sleep patterns and see what can be done to alleviate at least a fraction of the fatigue during the day. I set myself a goal of being 161lbs by my birthday in August, but withe day I've had today, I'm way too ambitious!

I do want to take the plunge (no pun intended) and start some water based activity as I know it will be kind on my joints, but also good for my life in general...I just keep putting it off due to numerous small issues.

Soon...I promise!
  • Justacoffeenut
    Justacoffeenut Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    My goal is to keep brining it. I know that sounds like a weak goal. But as all of you know some times your body just says NO. I am still in the process of learning what my body does and why. And so far no medication is any help, In fact mostly everything they have given me so far my body has some reaction to. So for me just want to keep brining it. My goal is at least 300 calories burned a day for the next week.
  • deb_jones
    deb_jones Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    It's a little late for me to start one this week. LOL But I'll watch for next week.
  • weefreemen
    weefreemen Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    It's a little late for me to start one this week. LOL But I'll watch for next week.

Ditto for me but I will also watch next weeks. I did buy a good pedometer app for my iPhone. It tracks distance and pace as well as steps. It also shows calories burnt based on height and weight, so it is very accurate but it is surprisingly similar to what MFP has indicated.