Options
willow3eb
willow3eb Posts: 161 Member
Starting Phase 3 today, who else is with me?! :happy:

Replies

• hiitrocks
    hiitrocks Posts: 100
    Options
    I am on my final week but just wanted to say that workout 9 and 10 have ended up being my favourite workouts :)
  • Sarahbear83
    Sarahbear83 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I finished Phase 2 today. Starting 3 tomorrow. A little nervous, but I'm ready!
  • willow3eb
    Options
    So just did 9 and I liked it, but Jillian almost killed me a few times. The plank/weight things in circuit 1 made me almost dislocate my left shoulder, so staying on my knees for those for a little while. And the rockand roll squats that are the cardio in circuit 4 are just not gonna happen. I have semi-fragile knees as it is, and they've been really great with her stuff for a while, but these will tear something. I tried 1, then waited, rewound to the beginning, tried 1 again, and then did jumping jacks for the cardio instead. I will NOT get a knee injury, not now, so staying away from these or trying very carefully and slowly to get them down.
  • KellyH2012
    KellyH2012 Posts: 14
    Options
    I'm in my first week of workouts 9&10. I have to say, workout 10 leaves me very winded!!! at least the first time it did. I do it again tomorrow so we'll see if I do any better the second time around.. workout 9 is just brutal... but on the up side, I think once you push through the first 2 circuits you're good to go & its over before you know it lol. Maybe thats because the cardio intervals are harder and you're not quite sure if you're doing cardio or strength lol!!! Now cardio 3... I read a blog online about it & they compared it to Insanity (which KILLED my knees) so I was very nervous but I found that I actually enjoyed cardio 3 the most out of all of the cardio workouts. Maybe because there were more exercises but she did them in shorter intervals... I don't know but I was definitely SOAKED in sweat more than if I would have ran a mile or 2 so I know I got a good cardio workout in lol.
  • KGTraxler
    KGTraxler Posts: 144
    Options
    Blah workout 9 kills me! It is SO hard. I still don't get how to do a rock and roll squat. Also, in workout 10 with the whole balancing on the weight yoga move? OUCH! Good luck! You'll definitely be feeling it :)
  • willow3eb
    Options
    Blah workout 9 kills me! It is SO hard. I still don't get how to do a rock and roll squat. Also, in workout 10 with the whole balancing on the weight yoga move? OUCH! Good luck! You'll definitely be feeling it :)

The half moons are a little scary, and they'll be something I practice to get it down. I also found that in 10, once you get through the first 2 circuits, the next 2 aren't too bad, especially circuit 4.

Cardio 3 was killer this morning though. She forgets alot of stuff in the 2nd pass of it, so that was nice. I had to keep taking rests between circuits, but that was mainly because my house was not as cold as I like it when I workout and I was heating up too quickly. Cardio is definitely something to get done as early as possible in this weather.
  • sleibo87
    sleibo87 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I start phase 3 on Monday and every time we start a new video I get nervous. How is the cardio? I heard its a killer!
  • Sarahbear83
    Sarahbear83 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Workout 9 is hard. I can't figure out how to get back up for rock and roll squats. All those planks in the beginning kill. I like 10 a little more, because I have stronger legs than I do arms so it's a little easier to manage. Cardio 3 is also pretty awesome because of the shorter intervals. Even though the exercises are harder, only having to do them for 20 seconds makes me push through them. I never made it through an entire minute of running mans, but I could handle 20-30 seconds of them.
  • rosarenee1
    rosarenee1 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I started the same day as you! It was hard the first times but I am actually loving it! I really enjoy being challenged like this. It makes me proud each time I can do one of the moves!
  • rosarenee1
    rosarenee1 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Workout 9 is hard. I can't figure out how to get back up for rock and roll squats. All those planks in the beginning kill. I like 10 a little more, because I have stronger legs than I do arms so it's a little easier to manage

OMG I am the same way about the rock and roll squats. I did those moves in RI30 (I think it was that dvd of hers) and I remember having a hard time as well. And yes, all those plank moves have really taken a toll on my wrists. :/