lissa0040 Posts: 362 Member
Hello Everyone!

Leader board!

Congrats to the following who accomplished last week's goal! :
Lisa
Sarita
Wendy
Melissa

Welcome to all of the new people! It is a new week so let's start a new challenge. We had slowed things down the past couple of weeks to see if we could get participation up and it's working! Activity on the board is starting to pick back up! Don't forget to check out the "new to the workout" section.

This week the goal is to get in 14 miles of cardio! You can walk/jog/run (if you bike just count minutes like the classes) If 14 miles is too much and you are just starting out try for 7 miles. Those of you who love your classes (zumba etc.) let's shoot for 200 minutes of exercise -- That's 40 minutes of exercise 5 times a week or 3-4 one hour classes.

New to the workout: 5 mountain climbers! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvE6N0pw7fc

Also new!!! *** Bonus!! Stay in the green for your food log 6 days this week and earn a bonus flower on the leader board!***

*** if you finished the goals but didn't check back in time -- remember that I collect data on Sunday night turn in your results to be included on the leader board ***

*** I am NOT a doctor consult a physician for clearance if you need to do so! ****

Replies

• Wendy__D
    Wendy__D Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Sounds fun! :-)
  • lika50
    lika50 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Woo-hoo! Let's do it!!
  • BCsurvivor1962
    BCsurvivor1962 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • lissa0040
    Options
    New to the workout: 5 mountain climbers! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvE6N0pw7fc

^^^^ If you need a modification for the mountain climbers use an exercise/balance ball. Place your hands on your exercise/balance ball instead of on the floor be careful not to lose your balance! This tip is useful for those of us who aren't as flexible or have too much belly in the way.....
  • sarita66
    sarita66 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Great! Thanks for adding the food tracking goal. We decided to go for an outdoor boot camp workout. What was I thinking? It was 85* hot and humid.
  • cowsstealmythong
    cowsstealmythong Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Super! Count me in! I'm already 5 miles in this week!
  • lissa0040
    Options
    Super! Count me in! I'm already 5 miles in this week!

Cool! Welcome!
  • Traceyrohrer
    Traceyrohrer Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Just found you guys, can't remember what I did on Mon, today I went 7.7 on stationary bike. Going up and down hills.
  • lissa0040
    Options
    Just found you guys, can't remember what I did on Mon, today I went 7.7 on stationary bike. Going up and down hills.

Hi Tracey! That's great! If you like doing the bike just count how many minutes you ride instead of miles. Welcome to the board and the challenge! :smile:
  • gpmominoh
    gpmominoh Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I just joined the group, but realized that I have met this week's challenge. I did 1.5 hour of swimming and treading water on Tuesday and Wednesday and then an hour of jazzercise on Thursday and Friday. Total of 300 minutes of exercise so far this week.
  • lissa0040
    Options
    I just joined the group, but realized that I have met this week's challenge. I did 1.5 hour of swimming and treading water on Tuesday and Wednesday and then an hour of jazzercise on Thursday and Friday. Total of 300 minutes of exercise so far this week.

Amazing!!! Welcome! :smile:
  • Traceyrohrer
    Traceyrohrer Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    OK, I try to do at least 30 min 3 or 4 days a week. I will let you know when I do it and how long. Thanks
  • sarita66
    Options
    Welcome to all the new folks!

Ok I finished with 220 minutes of exercise this week. I didn't make the green everyday this week. I hope Lisa you will keep that goal in as part of the challenge. I really need that boast. Any motivation or suggestions are most welcomed.
    Good luck everyone!
  • lissa0040
    Options
    Sarita!! My name is Melissa silly! And yes I will keep food tracking as part of the challenge. My only suggestion to you is to try and cut out or swap out a snack for something less caloric. Skinny cow offers a lot of low cal desserts and there are a lot of baked salty snacks out there too! You can do this! I have been a mess this week but have managed to stay under. You don't have to be perfect just start with getting at least 5 days. I challenge myself to try and only eat crazy once a week -- I do this for two reasons. No. 1 -- so I don't completely crash off of the eating healthy track. Depriving myself of every thing great every single day will only lead to cheating. No. 2-- your body gets used to the dieting and shocking your system once a week helps you to stay on track and lessens the chance of plateau. (or so the trainer says) So plan your meals when you can, portion out your snacks and try and make the best choices you can when thrown into an unpredictable situation.

In other news... I had my first real session with the trainer today and it was AWFUL I almost puked but I hadn't eaten breakfast so there was nothing to puke. It was so hard. I wanted to quit. But I got through it even with shaky knees and a queasy stomach. It was the hardest workout I have ever done and if I am going to continue working this hard (I am on his schedule 3 times a week for the next month) I have to tighten up my diet so I am not sabotaging my progress!

We can do this!
  • lika50
    lika50 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Very cool about your workout, Melissa! Way to push yourself! Keep up the good work!! :)

This week I got in 405 minutes of cardio by doing Tae Bo, cycling, and the elliptical. The mountain climbers were hard - very hard! - and totally kicked my butt. lol! Will probably become easier as the weight comes off...

I didn't stay in the green with my diary, either. Can't believe how much I go over on sodium some days! It's something that I'm working on, though. 4th of July was my undoing - 2 huge pieces of apple pie. But it was sooo worth it. :wink:

Looking forward to the week ahead!
  • sarita66
    Options
    Thanks Melissa! I know my friend keeps telling me the same thing about making better food choices. I am working out so hard and yet I am not making as much of an effort to stay on track with better eating. I get so frustrated with myself. I will make the challenge this week.

I understand about the trainer. My first session with him I wanted to die. It will get easier. As he pointed out to me the other day I could barely do 10 leg drops when I started, now I do 30 leg drops, 30 scissor kicks and 30 torso twists in 2 minutes. You can do this!

Take care!:smile:
  • cowsstealmythong
    Options
    In other news... I had my first real session with the trainer today and it was AWFUL I almost puked but I hadn't eaten breakfast so there was nothing to puke. It was so hard. I wanted to quit. But I got through it even with shaky knees and a queasy stomach. It was the hardest workout I have ever done and if I am going to continue working this hard (I am on his schedule 3 times a week for the next month) I have to tighten up my diet so I am not sabotaging my progress!

We can do this!

You should be SO proud of yourself. I know I am. I don't think I would get a trainer, even if I had the money.
    WTG girl. :)
  • lissa0040
    Options
    Hello everyone! Get your numbers in! Hope you had an amazing weekend and I will have something new cooked up for you in the morning!
  • sarita66
    Options
    Looking forward to it. I have boot camp tomorrow at 6 am. I'm a zombie at 6 am, but it is over for the day.
  • cowsstealmythong
    Options
    10 miles jogged and 539 minutes of exercise. :D