Help with macros !! I really need help...

Options
Im finally done with my bulking phase !! Now its time to cut down !! im planning on a 8 week cut !! (wana lose 15 lbs/month). I want the first week 1760 calories/ 100 g carbs / 250 protein / 40 g fat !! then ill start lowering my calorie by 100 calories per week until i reach 1200 cal !! This is my first time i ever go through a cutting phase !! i really need help

Replies

• mideon_696
    mideon_696 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    what are your current stats mate?

If you are under 15% Body fat, then read up on Lyle Mcdonalds stuff.
    Specifically the Rapid fat loss diet.

You dont want to be in a deficit for 8 weeks :p

Check it all out.

if wanting to lose 30lbs i'm assuming you are possiblly over 15%?
  • imondrugz
    imondrugz Posts: 154
    Options
    im about 185lbs~188 lbs and 19.0~20.0 % body fat i've been lifting for a year and i gained a pretty decent size but now its time to cut down !! Any recommendations would be really appericatied !!
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Without knowing your activity I'd start you at roughly:

2200 kcals
    160p
    65f
    240c

However, protein and fat would be minimum values, kcals you'd try to hit very close and carbs would max at 240 and drop if you exceed protein/fat.

But, I'm eyeballing. This is just to get you a reasonable starting place.
  • Zero2hero2013
    Zero2hero2013 Posts: 458
    Options
    surely if you ar eaiming to lose 30lbs in 8 weeks. thats 1.75kg a week approx. it be very hard to not lose muscle so the 30lbs may become more to get the look your after. 30lbs is alot of fat to lose and i wouldnt personally attempt it in 8 weeks. maximum i would try is 15 weeks. and try to get 2lbs a week. hopefully that would prevent muscle loss to some degree.

personally i like 40,40,20 approach when dieting. or when i low carb i do, 40 protein, 10 carbs, 50 fat.
    2000 calories would look like so.

40/40/20 = 200g protein, 200g, carbs, 45g fat
    40/10/50 = 200g protein, 50g carbs, 111g of fat.

hope this helps.
  • Paulbp4
    Paulbp4 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Going by your stats given..... you want to reach approx 4% bf over the next two months.

Unless your mistaken ab you current bf you should re-evaluate. Im 186 just ab 10-12 percent and it would be hard to cut to 4%. Id say another year or more of bulking/cutting.

Aim smaller. Succeed then become more aggressive.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    I admire your drive, but your plan is far, far too aggressive. You WILL lose a good deal of muscle, among other things. A 1 pound loss per week is a much safer nd more rasonable goal.

You worked hard for those muscle gains, don't piss them away with impatience.
  • VMarkV
    VMarkV Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    1750kcal to start seems really low for someone who is almost 190lbs, and then going down to 1200kcal seems pretty absurd for being around 170lbs
    Go slow, it's going to take much longer than 8 weeks to get truly cut
  • imondrugz
    imondrugz Posts: 154
    Options
    thanks alot for all the answers !!
  • getsixpack
    getsixpack Posts: 49
    Options
    Im trying to cut too - what do u recommend for someone at 174 and like 22%? I tried to do lyles stuff but its fcking hard psychologically...
  • josiahutah
    Options
    Im finally done with my bulking phase !! Now its time to cut down !! im planning on a 8 week cut !! (wana lose 15 lbs/month). I want the first week 1760 calories/ 100 g carbs / 250 protein / 40 g fat !! then ill start lowering my calorie by 100 calories per week until i reach 1200 cal !! This is my first time i ever go through a cutting phase !! i really need help
    I strongly suggest you read Burn the Fat Feed the Muscle by Tom Venuto. (do it before reading anything from Lyle Macdonald) At least google him and start reading some of his stuff. He's my favorite author!
  • bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Is there a reason it has to be 8 weeks? Like a hot date or something? Because if you can take just 4 more weeks, then you can go a tad bit slower and hopefully retain a bit more muscle. ITA with Uponthisrock. If you worked that hard for your gains, don't let an aggressive diet ruin all that work!