Hello

Options
JessePaige90
JessePaige90 Posts: 47 Member
I'm Jess. I'm 22 and need to lose about 45 lbs. I am Married to a wonderful guy who I have known since high school. I couldn't ask for a better husband. He never makes me feel bad about my weight or even acknowledges that I have gained a lot of weight since we got together. I was a zero when we got together and now I'm a fourteen. Sometimes I feel insecure because of how much my appearance has changed since we got together and that makes me feel guilty because it hurts my husband. I would love to meet women who can relate.

Replies

• SimplyHannahWilliams
    Options
    Totally! My boyfriend is the sweetest guy ever, but he is a stick figure! Haha, he is 6'7" too, so that doesn't help. But I can totally relate to feeling almost...out of place. Or at least feeling like others think we look out of place. (Not that I care.) But I understand the sentiment.
  • JessePaige90
    JessePaige90 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Thanks. Yeah my husband i 5'5 and built. I am 5' and round and top heavy lol
  • kittime
    kittime Posts: 10
    Options
    yes i know the feeling..
    he brings home extras to eat....
    and I have to ignore them :(
    makes life hard ...
    I need to get walking !!!!!
    I am 5'6" and he is 6'4" lol
  • Ellevated
    Ellevated Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm 26 and have put on weight due to ill health over the past few years. My fella has been slender since we got together about 6 years ago. He recently took up running to raise money for the charity helping me get my health back on track, which is fantastic but now he's even slimmer, I really notice those extra pounds on myself! I would be happy if I lost 30lbs, anything else would be a bonus as long as it's a healthy weight!
  • kirstiesharpe2209
    Options
    SO KNOW THE FEELING.
    Weve been together a year and a half and he just eats and eats and eats but hes still super skinny, and so I ate and ate too and now Im not skinny haha.
    But im determind to give him a run for money!
  • meanemma86
    meanemma86 Posts: 68
    Options
    i have gone from a uk size 12 to uk size 22 in the 9 & 1/2 years me and my husband have been together. he never citicises me about weight and he is really supportive and encouraging. he is lucky and can eat anything he wants and never seems to gain a pound.
  • katieandstuart
    Options
    Hi ladies!

I'm Katie and I'm 25, living just outside of London in the UK. I've been with my man for 2.5 years now and we've been engaged since Christmas. Like most men, he is stick thin and doesn't put on any weight, no matter what he eats...Grrrr! Since we've been together, my weight has fluctuated wildly, but with our wedding just 1 year and 2 weeks away, I'm determined to get back to the size I was when I met him. I've already lost 19lb and I've got another 20/25lb to go.

I think this group could be a real lifeline for me - I can come and hide upstairs and type to you all while he munches on chocolate, toast and crisps downstairs!
  • xoKatie0x
    xoKatie0x Posts: 7
    Options
    my boyfriend is a twig and muscular without exercise and does not have a good diet. He has never criticizes me though, even if i go after him to eat vegetables or drink less coke. He is sweet and extremely supportive. he has always known me around this size but has seen pictures from my stick thin dancing days
  • MandaLee8908
    MandaLee8908 Posts: 1,353 Member
    Options
    I'm 27 years old, 5'5", and 197lbs. My husband is about 5'8" and 165-170lbs...lean mean muscle machine. I was about 135lbs when we met 10 years ago, but have had some health issues and now my doctor thinks my thyroid is failing. My husband has never cared about my weight, really. He would encourage me when he noticed I was losing a few pounds, but he never got on my case about gaining weight. He only cares that I feel good about myself. I have good BP, cholesterol, and blood sugar...it just seems to be my weight and my thyroid that are keeping me from being the 135lb, energetic, outgoing wife I used to be.
  • rhe280
    rhe280 Posts: 71
    Options
    Hi finally a group for me. I currently am 5'11@274lbs...my husband is 5'9@170lbs so as you can imagine I feel enormous next to him. We were both slim when we met 11 years ago but he hasnt changed a lb despite being 10years older than me and I have gradually put on over a 100lb. he says he's happy with me no matter what but i feel so gross next to him (also when i was slim, me being taller didnt bother me now i feel embarrased for him).

I have made my profile pic my most humiliating picture (thats me and my husband)....i do have heels on there mind lol x
  • HeatherKatan
    HeatherKatan Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I know this feeling really well, my husband is the kind of guy who eats everything and gets upset when he has less than his normal six-pack without working out... I wish I had that problem. He is a great guy and never critizies me but knowing that after an unfortunate miscarriage I have gained more weight than I am happy with, but I am having a hard time getting it off. He is currently deployed and I would love to be healthier when he gets back in January so we can attempt again to start our family. My husband and I are both Navy Sailors stationed in Norfolk, Virginia so if anyone is looking for a work out partner here I am more than happy to be avaiable. It is comforting to know I am not the only woman out there having this problem. Thank you for that support I feel I can get here. I hope everything works out for all of you in your goals :)
  • tlblood
    tlblood Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm 32 and have been married 3 years. When we met, I'd lost 50 lbs. on WW, but since meeting him and the death of my mother, I've gained it all back. Basically since I met him, I've done nothing but gain weight. Luckily, it doesn't bother him, but it bothers me.

He has a bit of a gut, but nothing major. He was about 180 when he graduated HS. Last week he says, "I need to go on a diet. If I'm over 200 I'm going to cry." So he steps on the scale and he's 189.8...10 lbs more than he was in HS. Gag me! He eats nothing but crap and hardly gains weight at all...

Pity party at my house!
  • mmy5002
    mmy5002 Posts: 3
    Options
    I can relate to this all to well. I'm 5'8 and weigh 165 pounds and my soon to be husband is 5'10 and weighs 145 pounds. He has celiacs disease and has lost about 15 pounds since we first started dating. He is trying to gain weight and I am trying to lose it. The weight he lost is exactly how much I've gained! I wish I could just rip it off of my body and give it to him. It never really bothered me before until one of his family members made a comment to me, when we were talking about his health and him trying to put on weight, something along the lines of "well it would probably feel good to weigh less than him for a change!" So now Im super self conscious of it. I feel like that old nursery rhyme, "Jack sprat could eat no fat, his wife could eat no lean.." How embarrassing. Im new to this site and Im relieved that they're are other people dealing with this. It makes me feel better to know there are other women who feel the way I do. Our men love us for who we are ladies! We need to remember that.
  • Minoasin
    Minoasin Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    oh BOY where do I start with this...my husband walks around with a six pack stomache (which he was born with literally because our two daughters have the six pack) .. We are first nations and the women in our community would love to get their hands on a muscular, handsome, well established, educated and healthy man...that is my husband ...when we go to events like pow wows, dinners and other cultural days I see all the women looking at me and in my head I feel like they are saying, " WHAT IS HE DOING WITH HER!! LOOK HOW FAT SHE IS" ...I've gained 90 pound in two years after both pregnancies and had a thyroid condition throughout. My husband is adorable and tells me and everyone else that in our community the men like round because our moon, our son and our earth is round...why not our women?? I love this statement and hate it too! I DON'T WANT TO BE ROUND!! lol....really though he is very supportive and will do whatever I ask so I can be happy and lose weight. He has never told me I'm too fat and tells me all the time he feels I'm beautiful and it breaks his heart to see how sad I am and how I don't like myself anymore. I am determined to go to the next pow wow in summer 2013 in MY REGALIA and LOOKING GOOD! I think he wants me to stay big because he said he doesn't want to get into fights with other men for looking at me the wrong way. ARGH that says I'm FAT and UGLY now ...ok so I'm really torn with this whole thing...any comments?
  • meganb616
    meganb616 Posts: 15
    Options
    OMG I can totally relate with this topic! My boyfriend is built but he is a total foodie! He absolutely loves all food and in the beginning it brought us together because well I love food too lol. The only difference now is that the only thing he needs to do to look good is work out while still eating all of these foods, while I on the other hand have to count my calories every day which is fine because we only go out like once a week to dinner. But on those days, that is basically all I eat lol. He always says, "it's not about the calories, it's about the delicousness and flavors in the food" which makes me laugh because he is so serious about it haha.
  • induztrious
    Options
    I have the same issue. My husband is a former Marine and always looks amazing. After my mom died I packed on the pounds but then gained 50 pounds during my pregnancy! We took my daughter to swim clas the other day and I felt so uncomfortable standing next to him in my bathing suit. I know he loves me and has never made me feel uncomfortable, however, I am unconfortable. I wanted to freak out on the hot mom at the pool who kept eye ****ing my man but somehow controlled the urge. I know how to get in shape I just have a horrible relationship with food. I will eat super healthy for three days then go get a pizza and gorge. I feel like crap afterwards but cant seem to help myself.....I need to get back into control!
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm JoDee and this has been me my WHOLE life. Everyone I've ever crushed on was super f*king thin, including my BFF in HS and my two exes, one was a super tall lithe competitive distance (elite) runner in college and the other a super tall hunky model. I'm not in a relationship at the moment, I'm just here for moral support for myself and for others. I am a great person, lively, personable - guys usually see that, we date then break up for whatever reason. I'm tired of being the fat chick that other women look down upon when I'm out with my partner. And I wanna get over this once and for all. I deserve it!
  • starrycarina
    Options
    Hi! I'm Kat and I'm 31 years old and married to an awesome (but slim) Englishman. This is such a wonderful idea for a group! My husband could eat a whole chocolate cake and not gain a pound but if I just look at it, I gain!

It's great to see I'm not alone in this! <3 Great to meet you all!