Stomach Spams (TMI i'm afraid)

Options
Hi

i started the course on Thursday...buy saturday I was doubled over in spams and watery diareoah - it lasted 2 days, the cramps...well I still have them although not as severe but this is day 3 - they only seem to have calmed down after I cheated and had a handful of nachos...

...has anyone else experienced this?

Replies

• marshallexi
    marshallexi Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I have the noisest tummy EVER from this diet, and I've never quite understood how people are constipated - I've had some very similar outbursts to you by the sounds of it!

On some days I have eaten too much oatbran, so I wrote it off as that (combined with all the water you have to drink to deal with the oatbran = messy).
  • robbda
    robbda Posts: 82
    Options
    oh i'm glad its not just me!
  • cathmcb
    cathmcb Posts: 26
    Options
    I´m the total opposite. LOL but it has settled a little.

Hope you two both settle down too soon.

xx
  • dr_cheryl
    dr_cheryl Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear you're having a tough time with this guys!
    One reason I particularly like dukan though is because, as an IBS sufferer, my symptoms pretty much completely disappear! I seem to spend my life with constant tummy ache but dukan helps me feel so much better.
    Maybe the adverse effects are just because your body's coping with a pretty drastic change in diet; the lack of fibre during attack can certainly be an issue. If you're having problems, try adding wheat bran to your oat bran through attack and on PP days, it might help.
    C x
  • robbda
    robbda Posts: 82
    Options
    hey yeah I have IBS which is why it suprised me :-/ although milk seems to be my trigger... i'm going to keep going see if it settles
  • dr_cheryl
    dr_cheryl Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Oh no, I hope you don't get too poorly :(
    C x