Just getting started

Options
Ok I have had the book for years and never really read it until now. I am going to start Phase 1 tomorrow. I am a little nervous. Not an overwhelming amount of support at home. So I am hoping with you all I will be able to commit. Wish me luck.

Replies

• bradylake
    bradylake Posts: 2
    Options
    Just wondering how you did on the South Beach since you started?
  • tiggerstat
    tiggerstat Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    i am just starting my second week on it! Love it lost 5.7 lbs the first week. U can do it. Remember to stop eating when you are full, eat 5-6 times a day and stick to the list, but be creative. For dinner tonight I had a bubba burger, topped with low fat cheese a slice of grilled eggplant and a rosted red pepper - - -DELISH!!!
    :happy:
  • lolobear30
    Options
    Ok I lost four pounds and have focused on week 2. It is hard to follow completely because everyone at my house freaked that I was asking them to change their habits too (so I havent stuck to it a 100%). And turns out my Hubby was surprised at what I could have. He dabbles. LOL Hoping for a positive outcome this week (even though it has been over a week) as well.
  • lolobear30
    Options
    :smile: I will try this tonight. Thanks for the idea.
  • JeremyMerrin
    JeremyMerrin Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I realize I'm bumping an old thread, but why not? I'm on day 6 of phase 1 and have dropped 8 pounds so far. It's a little easier for me as I am separated and just cook for myself rather than the wife and kids, so I have total control over what I prepare. The first few days were tough indeed but it seems like it is getting easier, the only thing I have trouble with is remembering to eat the snacks. Anyway, hope you all are doing well.
  • LindaKCampbell
    Options
    Had the book for a while, too! Hubby and I just committed to start this program - I had picked up the newest book "South Beach Diet Supercharged" - - I am excited to give it a try. The biggest thing will be giving up the "bread stuff" for 2 weeks. I found the list to be pretty inclusive though. I like the exercises this book adds - they seem like something I can do (50+ yrs old and no real exercise other than household chores and running after kids - mine and others) I have been involved in a "boot camp" for a couple of months so I am hoping I start seeing some results! Hope things are going better for you!