Advice & Support...

Options
myohana4
myohana4 Posts: 205 Member
This is the place to come for advice & support. If you have a question, post it here and we will try to help. If anyone has any tips, advice or support, please add it here. We are all different and different things motivate us. The advice you give will help someone! (Especially if you have done the shred before.)

Let's face it. The 30 Day Shred is tough. We are going to be sore and at times feel like quitting. But we need to reach down deep and remember why we are here in the first place. Remember why we are working on being healthy and fit. We have the strength in us to do this! I can't wait to see everyone's results in 30 days!

I am no expert on fitness. All I know is that it is time for me to make a change and I am really excited about doing this 30 Day Shred. I plan on drinking lots of water and staying on my normal diet. If an exercise is too much, I will do a modification of it or run in place. But one thing is for sure, I will not give up!

“Why choose to fail when success is an option?” Jillian Michaels

Replies

• mscrumbyy
    mscrumbyy Posts: 116
    Options
    I was just wondering what everyone else is going to be logging it as? There isn't an option on here as far as I know in the exercise log.

Small piece of advice- stretch it out afterwards, the cool down isn't nearly enough and the pain the next day is certainly not worth skipping a few minutes extra stretches.
  • arylia
    arylia Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Someone said that a lot of people are logging it as circuit training. That's how I plan to do it.

Is this workout supposed to be done every day? Or do you recommend having one day off to recover?
  • mmancini73
    mmancini73 Posts: 89
    Options
    I have been logging it as 20 min. of circuit training, but was wondering if there was a better option.
  • myohana4
    Options
    Someone said that a lot of people are logging it as circuit training. That's how I plan to do it.

Is this workout supposed to be done every day? Or do you recommend having one day off to recover?

It really depends on you. I am planning on doing it every day but there are several people who are taking time off between days. You are going to have to pay closer attention to your body than most seeing you just had a baby 6 weeks ago and you are like this Wonder Woman! LOL What an inspiration!
  • BrenB150
    BrenB150 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I have a HRM so I use at for my logging.. I am also going to try to do it everyday, but see how my body feels.. Shouldn't be a problem after completing insanity months ago, I hope..
  • mbmorse1011
    mbmorse1011 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I did it every day last time I did it and I was fine. I might tone down some of my other exercising but we'll see how it goes!
  • LadyMorganna
    LadyMorganna Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I looked up how to do the Jillian 30 day shred, because I was confused if I should be doing it everyday or if I needed a rest day. From what I read online, it says do it everyday! 10 days on Level 1, then move up to level 2 for 10 days, then move up to level 3 and then stay on level 3. It does say only move up every ten days if you are ready! I have moved up to level 2 and I think I will be on it for more than 10 days. I have missed 2 days so far, but I just get right back at it. I also do 40 min of cardio everyday on my elliptical. I drink a Jillian Whey protein shake after I work out with 1 tbsp of barleans cold pressed flaxseed oil. I have had 3 children and have this "extra skin" from getting so big. I am working really hard at shrinking that skin back down! I have been as heavy as 250ish. I am now down to 160. I am not losing weight yet using jillians DVD BUT! I have noticed the skin is shrinking!!!! So it is working! Now I want to get more of her workout DVDs. I try to eat healthy but sometimes I just have to have that cookie! But I make sure to work it off! Add me if you want added support. I was doing "new rules to lifting for women" but I was not getting the results I wanted. I see alot more change with jillian.
  • KimberErin
    KimberErin Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I have this app on my phone that gives me calories for different activities.. So for a 170 lb person for 20 minutes on level 1 its 161 for level 2 its 188 and level 3 its 175.. Don't know why level 3 is lower than level 2 but anyway, that gives you something to work with
  • Mamacass13
    Mamacass13 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I was just wondering what everyone else is going to be logging it as? There isn't an option on here as far as I know in the exercise log.

Small piece of advice- stretch it out afterwards, the cool down isn't nearly enough and the pain the next day is certainly not worth skipping a few minutes extra stretches.

I wondered the same exact thing - how exactly to log in here on MFP. Circuit training sounds like a good option I guess.
  • MuffRuff
    MuffRuff Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I am logging it as circuit training for twenty minutes.
  • myohana4
    Options
    As I am about to get ready to begin my Shred....

I just keep thinking "JUST DO IT...it is only 20 minutes!!!" Geez...labor with my first child was 24 hours!! This is nothing! ;)
  • prisy13
    prisy13 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know how much weight they are using in the video? I switch between weights for the various exercises. I use anywhere from 5lb, 8lb and 10lb hand weights. I have always weight trained so i need the added resistance for my body to shape. Plus, i don't know about everyone else, but this video has me gasping for breath and drenching with sweat!!! An i just finished 2 months of a boot camp class!
  • navywifeandmomof4
    navywifeandmomof4 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    found this might help answer any questions you have...hope this helps

Prisy13 in#4 they say they use 5lbs.

http://www.ehow.com/how_5363883_do-jillian-michaels-day-shred.html
  • prisy13
    prisy13 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks. 5 pounds just seem like enough weight to get the kinds of results in the video. Gonna keep using my heavier weights.