Cathe Road Trip-New Jersey 2012

Options
PedmomJill
PedmomJill Posts: 505 Member
All right girls, I decided to start a thread here. There are some first timers I think and I know I had tons of questions before my first RT in April. And I'll have more this time since it's a different situation with it being at Cathe's gym instead of right in the hotel.

Everyone please check in also, so we know who is all going. I can't remember who is and isn't.

First of all, for those who have been to NJ before, do you know how far the Fairfield is from Four Seasons? I will have a car and wonder if it will be convenient to go to the hotel in between classes to freshen up, instead of dragging everything there.

If I do have to bring everything there, does anyone have a list of what you would pack in a gym bag to bring along for the long day on Saturday?

Feel free to post any questions and advice here!

Replies

• PedmomJill
    Options
    I already have another question! Do I need a swimsuit? I don't think so really, because we won't be at the hotel much except to sleep. Just wondering as I will have to go shopping to buy one if so. (UGH)
  • 202685tracy
    202685tracy Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm not going. :(
  • laurae
    laurae Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I and my daughter, Renae, are going. You could Mapquest the addresses from the hotel to the gym to find out how far it is. My first time, so I don't have any answers for you.
  • laurae
    laurae Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Just Mapquested it. One route said 18 min., and the other said 19 min. So i would say about 20 min. at least. Looking at a tentative schedule I printed, the breaks are 30 min. or less, so I would say no time to go back to the hotel.
  • steph_arena
    Options
    Spicy is going and will be sharing a room with you;) Love to know how many outfits to bring, do we wear capri or short length,and do we wear tank tops or tshirts? hoping for excuses to go shopping;)
  • PedmomJill
    Options
    I think I will bring an outfit for each class, including underclothes. I will not be able to stand being in those sweaty wet clothes in between classes.

Note to self........bring a plastic garbage bag for dirty clothes to sit in the locker in!

Steph I think you can wear what you're comfy in. At the Chicago one, people were in all sorts of clothes. I will most likely be a shorts and t-shirt gal as I don't feel comfy wearing tight workout clothes in front of others.
  • steph_arena
    Options
    Thats so funny ET..i like tight stuff because it stops the jiggling which is what i hate the most...you know when you stop moving but your thighs don't;)
  • PedmomJill
    Options
    Ha ha, yes, but if it's under a baggy tshirt nobody sees the jiggle! I hate seeing the pics from the last RT where you can see my fat roll hanging over my waistband in the tighter shirts.

I'm going to do the baggy thing. I'll put each outfit in a large baggy and then put the dirty ones in there after class. I need to find that list on Cathe's site soon.

Since I am leaving Monday 7/23 and traveling for work, I think I'm going to ship a box of clothes out there next week. I don't want to pay to check two suitcases, and I don't think I can fit 8 days workout, business, AND casual clothes in one suitcase along with the rest of the travel stuff.