Rest Week Calories?

Options
aprilcharris
aprilcharris Posts: 10 Member
I have been exercising 6 days a week for well over a year without taking any breaks. I have been eating more since March. I ate at my cut for about 8 weeks and then went up to tdee on 6/2. I am just getting ready to start my 6th week of reset and I am considering taking a week off exercise before going to cut. Is this a good idea? Is there some science behind when a rest week should be taken? I have read that rest weeks are important but I don't really know when the optimal time would be. Also, at what calorie level do I eat during a rest week? I have read everything on this board I believe but I don't remember reading what level to eat at during a rest week, especially considering my tdee is based on exercise level. My exercise schedule is Chalean Extreme 3 days a week, HIIT 2 days a week and a 45 minute walk/run once a week.

Thanks for any help!

Replies

• HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    You should just continue to eat your regular cut number. It will probably workout to be more like maintenance for that week then but it will still keep you being consistent.
  • aprilcharris
    aprilcharris Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the response, Heidi. Am I understanding right that even if I do the rest week while still doing my reset I should eat at cut that week to balance out the lack of exercise? Did that make sense? Also, is there any advantage as to when I time my rest week, i.e. still during reset period vs after completing reset and going to cut? Thanks