Turbo fire vs chalean extreme

Options
Code2fornow
Code2fornow Posts: 56 Member
I was on week 3 of the burn circuit and well life got in the way. It's been a week since I've worked out and I need to get back into a routine. I've just picked up TF and I'm wondering if I should go back to the beginning of chalean extreme, continue where I stopped or try the TF/CLX hybrid? Honestly the TF scares me since I've never done a bunch of cardio but I was planning on doing it after CLX thinking I would have the 12 weeks of practice and then TF might be less intimidating. Ideas ladies?? Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Have you done any of the other Chalene programs? TF is heavy kickboxing and it's fast paced. There is a "new to class" option but it does add on time to the length of the program.

I've heard if you have done TJ that it's easier b/c you already know her moves.

The music is great and it seems fun, but i dislike cardio so much :(
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    Don't be afraid of TF. It is fast paced and some is very intense but just do what you can. I think the hybrid is a great mix of strength and cardio. Turbo Jam is easier than Fire if you want to start there but it doesn't mean you can't catch on to Fire. If it's only been a week since you worked out I think you'd be fine just going back to CLX where you left off and incorporate TF if you'd like.
  • Code2fornow
    Code2fornow Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I think I'll finish CLX and add the TF for cardio days. Think the Fire 30 +stretch 10 would be enough?
  • mhenkel0506
    Options
    Yes, that would be enough. You saw my calories burned today, I think. That was TF 30... No stretch 10 after. 500+ burned! You can do it too!
  • isys5
    isys5 Posts: 213
    Options
    I LOVE both programs for different reasons and I tend to do TF for cardio and CXE 3 days/week to build muscle. I love the HIIT sessions from TF but can only do them 2/3 days per week max. TF is a little tricky to keep up with and can be frustrating in the beginning but as long as you flop along with her you will burn a ton of calories and will eventually get the moves down. She make the time fly by :)
  • kini324
    kini324 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I'm going to do Turbo Jam next and then look into Turbo Fire. I have the 20 minute TF DVD and I think I need to work up to it. Thought Turbo Jam would be a good starting point.
    I'm loving ChaLEAN though!
  • KimAggie04
    KimAggie04 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I LOVE both programs for different reasons and I tend to do TF for cardio and CXE 3 days/week to build muscle. I love the HIIT sessions from TF but can only do them 2/3 days per week max. TF is a little tricky to keep up with and can be frustrating in the beginning but as long as you flop along with her you will burn a ton of calories and will eventually get the moves down. She make the time fly by :)

I do this also. 3 days/week I do CXE and the other 2 days I pick from TF (1 HIIT & 1 Fire). I had a hard time keeping up with the moves at first, but you'll get them quickly. Also, TF is fun! I always get the songs stuck in my head and sing while I work out.
  • Deulsenia
    Deulsenia Posts: 10
    Options
    I too started w/ CLX then strated TF back in June. I was already in Push Phase but had to get acclimated to TF so I stopped CLX. I just said today I wanted to turn up my workouts and go back to CLX. This week is Month 2 of TF maybe I will go back to CLX.