Official group

Options
Ok... friends i have created a group and sent you all invitations so we can keep up... lets do this....
Don

Replies

• gbers
    gbers Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    okay! i am ready and psyched.
    completed day 2 of my challenge. took photos and measurements too!
  • kgalea
    kgalea Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Although I didn't quite hit the 20 minute mark, I did do 2 sets of 15 reps of arms, shoulders, chest today... only 16 minutes though. Wanted to add in a few minutes of abs, but every time I'd lay down to do them the dogs thought I wanted to play with them. :) Gonna do legs tomorrow!
  • DJackson230
    DJackson230 Posts: 306
    Options
    I'm thinking that I am going to remember the next few months as life changing... I feel stronger after just a few days... Staying off the scales until July 10th... Then I will weigh every 10 days with no peeking!

I was in there with the muscle men!!
  • Dark_Latin_Guy
    Dark_Latin_Guy Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Here are my Stats.

Height: 6ft 4.5 inches
    Weight: 268lbs
    Bodyfat: 17.3%
    BMI: 32.6

Neck: 17 inches
    Shoulders: 51 inches
    Chest: 46 inches
    Biceps: (L) 17.5 inches (R) 17 inches
    Forearms: (L) 13.5 inches (R) 13.5 inches
    Waist: 39 inches
    Hips: 46 inches
    Thighs: (L) 27 inches (R) 27.5 inches
    Calves: (L) 18 inches (R) 18.5 inches
  • drmryder
    drmryder Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was all lifting. Today was cardio with a bazillion squats and jumps. P90X Plyo - burned 525 calories. I can repost what I did all yesterday if you want some boring reading. My weight lifting workouts are all 60 minutes.
  • DJackson230
    Options
    Ok, Im pumped about this... decidedto weigh in every 10 days Starting July 10th
    Monday workout was
    3x5 bench press
    3x5 incline
    3x10 curls
    3x5 power clean
    1x50 ab machine
    3x12 45lb wt quick press
    3x12 lat pullups
    3x5 machine row

Most of this was done on free weights... Monday will be my heavy day

Wed I will do machine weights- total body

Friday I will do kettle bells- My body won't know what is coming! When i go to the gym, i don't talk much, I just sweat and nod and keep it business like... :-)
  • Dark_Latin_Guy
    Dark_Latin_Guy Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I am with you DJ, strictly Business.

I will be mixing it with Resistance Bands Day 1, Kettle Bells Day 2 and Weight Machine Day 3.

Make sure you are eating right and getting adequate sleep.

When you go HAM in the gym, you tear down the muscle, proper nutrition and sleep will ensure it repairs, rebuild and grows.
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    OK, this challenge is helping me already - my plan was to start back to BodyPump this week, but workload won't allow it, BUT i felt guilty so I went to the apartment gym and used the weight machines today - not quite as much of a total-body workout, but I did exhaust a few muscle groups and it's a start!
  • KStambulic
    KStambulic Posts: 131
    Options
    Leg workout today & I feel great! I'm limited by the freeweights I have in my garage as I can't afford a gym pass. I plan to make a pull-up/chin-up bar to attach to my rafters. I got lucky when I bought my weight bench; they threw in an olympic barbell for $15! Just have to slowly add on the weight plates as I need (and can afford) them.
  • DJackson230
    Options
    Leg workout today & I feel great! I'm limited by the freeweights I have in my garage as I can't afford a gym pass. I plan to make a pull-up/chin-up bar to attach to my rafters. I got lucky when I bought my weight bench; they threw in an olympic barbell for $15! Just have to slowly add on the weight plates as I need (and can afford) them.

The gym pass should be on ur list... It is the best money u can spend and will add a whole new dimension to ur life... Really, get u one as soon as u can... but great job doding the best u can with what u got!
  • DJackson230
    Options
    OK, this challenge is helping me already - my plan was to start back to BodyPump this week, but workload won't allow it, BUT i felt guilty so I went to the apartment gym and used the weight machines today - not quite as much of a total-body workout, but I did exhaust a few muscle groups and it's a start!

Yesterday as i was jogging, I swear l felt less jiggly... already... looking forward to where this helps me end up...
  • gbers
    gbers Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Day 3 of weight lifting--I already feel and am aware of my triceps (never felt them before!)
    I am psyched...just saying!!!! I am doing cardio 6x @ week for a little over an hour and weight lifting every other day in addition to the cardio for 30 minutes.
    I am becoming more aware of my form, technique and focus.
    I look forward to seeing the changes coming...
  • DJackson230
    Options
    Looking forward to my lifting tomorrow... Kettle bells and Free weights!!!
    Yes, its addicting...already :-)
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    Got my second weight-lifting session in today - went to the apartment gym again - chin-ups, dips, the quad and hammie machine, and then the chest and shoulder machines - those killed me, I have zero upper body strength right now - and some free weights - definitely feel like I'm doing something good - but I can't wait til I feel as comfortable with weights as I do running :-)
  • DJackson230
    Options
    I loved my session yesterday! Kettle bells and free weights... I feel some stuff happening and i have nor been using the weights as an excuse to over eat... Loading up on the protein...

Life is good here in Texas... Results are underneath and are ready to stick out!
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    Day 3 of weight lifting--I already feel and am aware of my triceps (never felt them before!)
    I am psyched...just saying!!!! I am doing cardio 6x @ week for a little over an hour and weight lifting every other day in addition to the cardio for 30 minutes.
    I am becoming more aware of my form, technique and focus.
    I look forward to seeing the changes coming...

Great ! Gbers that's awesome
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    Wow Great job everyone, I haven't popped over here in a few days, I'm so glad everyone is off to such a good start.

My workouts go something like this:

Every day I run a mile on the treadmill to get the blood pumping first thing.

Day 1 Bench Press and complementary exercises
    Day 2-Dead lifts and complimentary exercises
    Day 3-Squat and complementary exercises
    Day 4-"Rest" Either cardio for 30-45 mins or mis exercises I didn't get to during the first 3 days.(Light, I don't activate beast mode on theses days.)
    Day 5-See day 1
    Day 6-See day 2
    Day 7-See day 3
    Another day of "rest"

One of my favorite things to do on squat day is to do what I call the "Juggernaut" it's a little circuit, no rests between.
    10xinverted rows or assisted pullups(I can't do more than 2 real pull-ups yet)
    10xSquat after the squat throw the bar above your head
    10xStanding Military Press
    30xShoulder Shrugs
    Catch your breath 1.5-2, 3 mins tops and do it two more times. I only do this during my warm up sets of squats, my squats get pretty heavy pretty quick.

And on the weekend I train for wrestling. It's been my dream since I was a kid to wrestle in front of an audience, now I'm in the best shape I've been in since high school. I'm making this happen. Last weekend was my first class, and I'm going back again tomorrow. Who knows I may be the next Stone Cold Steve Austin.
  • KStambulic
    Options
    Sounds like a good routine, McBully. It sounds similar to what I'm aiming for except for the shrugs. I don't really want to build up those muscles. I want to make a pull up bar for my workout area in my garage. I'm sure my rafters can hold my weight. Good luck with the wrestling!
  • KStambulic
    Options
    I've been slacking off for the last three days as I've had a killer migraine and just couldn't push myself past the pain. I'll be back at it with a vengeance tomorrow though.