Introductions

Options
graceinbreath
graceinbreath Posts: 49 Member
Hi There!
My name is Christine and I am 36 years old. I have 30 pounds to lose total (6 gone, 24 more to go!) and I am not able to run due to knee pain. I have always enjoyed walking and I want to be the old lady who walks everyday when I am 90 years old:happy:

I found the Chi-Walking book recently and I am completely THRILLED to have stumbled upon it (thanks to the suggestion of an awesome coworker!) I have a dance and swimming history and I love Zumba and all kinds of movement! I have always loved walking and hiking for exercise! I walk outside and also on a treadmill. I try to live mindfully and incorporate the whole-body awareness into who I am and how I live my life so the book speaks to me DEEPLY.

I would love for this group to be a collaborative sharing effort between others who have read or are reading the book. I am planning to introduce Chi-Walking Challenges as the group grows and progresses. I would be open to ALL feedback about how to grow the group and make it better. Thanks so much for joining! Please tell us all about your journey, your goals and how and why you are drawn to Chi-Walking!

I look forward to hearing from all of you!
WELCOME!
~Christine (aka: graceinbreath)

Replies

• nangelle
    nangelle Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I just bought the chi-walking book for my kindle. Walking has always been enjoyable for me. I am now walking between 3-5 miles a day. I usually try to break it down to a walk in the morning and one in the afternoon.

I look forward to starting this book as well as meeting others who are interested in chi walking.
  • abarefootgirl1970
    abarefootgirl1970 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Although I love walking, I had never heard of this program. After a little quick research, I must say, it sounds very refreshing. I am very interested. :happy: