Push Ups

Options
luzmidd
luzmidd Posts: 154 Member
I just can't do them! Will have to start by doing lady push ups while the people in the video do awesome push ups... Maybe in about 5 years from now, I'll also be able to do Insanity push ups!

Replies

• jchrisman717
    jchrisman717 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I've done a ton of personal training classes, bootcamp classes and I have never been able to do pushups the hard way either. My plan is to push myself to do them the hard way in the program, even if its just a few - gotta start pushing myself more I think!
  • Beckii330
    Beckii330 Posts: 28
    Options
    I've never been able to do proper push ups so I've been doing them on my knees. Have started doing a few proper ones over the last week (my last week of month 1) but I can't manage a full minute yet! I can't do the moving press ups either so I do lady press ups and move my arms side to side. As long as you're working, I don't think it matters too much.
  • SilverLuma
    SilverLuma Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have been working on my pushups for the last week. I have a terrible time with them but already I'm seeing improvement. I just started insanity yesterday. Have done the fit test and the first workout. I just did what I could. 1 or 2 actual pushups. Sometimes I switched to modified pushups. It def still seemed to work. I agree that as long as you are pushing yourself that it shouldn't matter too much. You will eventually improve :)
  • angel823
    angel823 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Start planking, holding plank position for 30 seconds then increase ur time. it builds ur uper strength