Level 1, 2 & 3

Options
xsabrinalynn
xsabrinalynn Posts: 146 Member
I've been researching (for months) about exercising; so many things say to NOT exercise the muscles every day and that you need rest days. I just watched level 2 & 3 (since I haven't started those yet) and they all seem to somewhat work different muscles or at least you're doing different exercises. Level 1 kicks my butt, I can only imagine how level 2 & 3 will hit me.

Is anyone planning on alternating the levels for 30 days? Like doing level 1 tomorrow, level 2 the next, level 3 after and so forth? Or even doing level 1 for 10 days, level 2 for 10 days then level 3 for the final days?

Just curious on everyones game plan :)

Replies

• Mmmporkrinds
    Mmmporkrinds Posts: 192
    Options
    I'm going to do it as many days as I can. No doubt there'll be days here and there where I can't for some reason, and these will serve as rest days. I'm in NZ so it's midmorning on 8 July here now. Alternating is a good idea, I might do that if I get bored. I just did Level 1 for the first time in ages. It was fun! I did take a couple of five-second breaks, so my aim is to finish the whole level without doing that. Good luck everyone!
  • mbmorse1011
    mbmorse1011 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I'm doing level one for 10 days 2 for day days etc.
  • Shelleybonz
    Shelleybonz Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am going to do my very best to do 10 days (well 12 since I started yesterday) of level 1 and move to level 2 for 10 days etc. Praying that if I do my best with all 10 days that I will be able to do them without too much suffering :)
  • Mellie289
    Mellie289 Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Alternating sounds like an interesting way to go. I had a peak at level 2 to see if there were more pushups (they kill my knees and I can't do them otherwise) and I was happy to see the workout didn't have any at least at the beginning. I wonder if there's any reason to think you wouldn't get the same results alternating versus repeating the same workouts for 10 days, then moving up.
  • VickiG36
    VickiG36 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I'll be doing 10 days straight of each level as well...sort of. I'm a little sore from 2 days in a row so I'm sure I'll have a rest day in between, just to give my body a break.
  • Amy_nz
    Amy_nz Posts: 145
    Options
    I'm aiming to do it at least five times a week. I'd like to do it every day, but the fact is that the body needs time to recover, so I'm factoring in the occasional rest day. (And if I get bored I'll do something different for a day as well.)

I'm a COMPLETE weakling, so I think I'm going to have to tackle one level at a time - I'm okay with cardio but the strength kicks my butt! I seriously doubt that I'd be physically able to do level 2 strength exercises yet.

It's great to be back into exercise though! Day one is done and dusted, and I feel awesome!
  • inverseofmissy
    inverseofmissy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I read on another thread somewhere that someone else had alternated the levels each day like you are talking about. In the beginning of the dvd jillian says each one could be a great stand alone workout so I don't see why you couldn't mix them up. I was considering it myself.
  • mscrumbyy
    mscrumbyy Posts: 116
    Options
    Other people I know who've tried it said that they usually do ten days on each level to complete the 30 days and then after that alternate them to switch it up. I don't see why alternating would really be a problem though, I haven't looked at level 2 or 3 myself just yet because I've heard level 2 is brutal and I don't want to put myself off it too early haha. I have a feeling if I watch it I'll end up giving up since I'm only just getting to grips with level 1.
  • cbbarge
    cbbarge Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I previewed level 2 today and I know I'm NOT ready to go there yet! Don't even want to look at level 3.
  • mandy031383
    mandy031383 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I plan on doing 10 days at Level 1, 10 at level 2, ten and level 3 for my thirty days. I also know you are suppose to take break days especially with weights for you body to recoup. So depending on how I am feeling I may take 1 rest day inbetween levels or as needed not sure yet.
    I had a peak at level 2 to see if there were more pushups (they kill my knees and I can't do them otherwise) and I was happy to see the workout didn't have any at least at the beginning.

I have really bad knees also, so what I do for the push ups is a variation a friend who is a personal trainer showed me. Find a counter or bench etc. i usually use my kitchen counter as it is in view of the TV so I can still see the video and only a few steps from my work out area. and use that to brase yourself and push off of. Keep your knees back etc. straight as if you were doing a normal push up on the floor. The lower the object your braceing yourself on the harder it is.