Not sure what to do now.

Options
SherryRH
SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
So I have been at this eating more losing weight thing for over 12 weeks and it's not working like I had hoped. I haven't lost any weight nor have I lost any inches. I am maintaining my weight and inches. I am not at a total loss as to what I should be doing. Any thoughts, suggestions or ideas?

Replies

• Amber82479
    Amber82479 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Hi there :)

I can totally understand your frustration! Here are my observations, after looking at your food and exercise diary…

It appears that you’re not logging any calories for your workouts, which also means that you’re not eating back your exercise calories. It might help you to try eating back your exercise calories – if your body isn’t getting the sustenance it needs to support itself, you won’t see the losses you want. I hate this concept, because it seems so backward, but I believe it’s true based on my own personal experience. Maybe if you even just ate back your exercise calories for a week or two, it would jump start your weight loss. I know everyone is different, and this may work for some and not others, but I figure if you’re not seeing the loss you want, then it’s worth a shot!

Have you considered increasing the intensity of your workouts and/or adding some weight training? Something like that would really help to increase your calorie burn and up your metabolism, as the more muscle you build, the more calories you burn. Also, increasing the intensity of cardio helps your body use insulin more efficiently, which is always a bonus and should also help with weight loss.

One other small thing is that you might consider reducing your sodium intake? If nothing else, it would probably help your body shed water weight.

Anyway, just my observations :) Don’t give up! We’re all here fighting with you! I slacked off and have gained 5 pounds in the last 2 months, so don’t feel bad – you’re doing far better than I am <3

Amber
  • goldengirl28
    goldengirl28 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Firstly well done on maintaining you weight that is a great achievement as well,

Couple of things
    Have you worked out your BMR/TDEE & what your cut should be? If you need a double check post your numbers and I'll run them for you.
    What are you macros set at? are you hitting them?

Also, if you have set the activity level correctly, you shouldn't be eating back any exercise calories as they are already factored in.
  • mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Firstly well done on maintaining you weight that is a great achievement as well,

Couple of things
    Have you worked out your BMR/TDEE & what your cut should be? If you need a double check post your numbers and I'll run them for you.
    What are you macros set at? are you hitting them?

Also, if you have set the activity level correctly, you shouldn't be eating back any exercise calories as they are already factored in.
    It's also possible if you were eating VLCD for an extended period of time that you need to consider a metabolism reset. If you need more info check out the videos sticky.
  • SherryRH
    Options
    Amber- I don't log my workouts per say. I log the time so I can see how much I work out to see if I have the activty level set correctly. I do track the calories burned in the notes so I can make sure I am eating at least my BMR if I do strength training and cardio in a day.

goldengirl - I figured my TDEE/BMR/Cut. Here are my numbers in case someone would like to take a look. I am 42, 5'2", 129 weight and I walk 2-3 days a week and do strenghth training 2-3 days a week.

According to my calculations my TDEE is 2035, my BMR is 1312, and my 15% cut is (307) 1728. My macros are set at 40%protein, 30% carbs and 30% fat.

mom - I will have to read the sticky on the metobalism reset and see if that will help.
  • goldengirl28
    Options
    Hi,

I've run your numbers through Scooby and they are very similar to yours (10 points here and there) BMR1303/TDEE2020/15% cut 1717. (I set you at moderate exercise................BUT how far do you walk and for how long?)

What's your fluid intake like? I've had to increase mine to about 3 litres (12 glasses)

How long did you do VLCD for, its might be as Mumoffives says, that you need a full reset.
  • SherryRH
    Options
    Hi,

I've run your numbers through Scooby and they are very similar to yours (10 points here and there) BMR1303/TDEE2020/15% cut 1717. (I set you at moderate exercise................BUT how far do you walk and for how long?)

What's your fluid intake like? I've had to increase mine to about 3 litres (12 glasses)

How long did you do VLCD for, its might be as Mumoffives says, that you need a full reset.

I don't know what VLCD stands for so I am pretty sure I didn't do it. :ohwell: . My tuesday and thursday walks are 3.5 miles and I burn less than 300 calories. If I walk with my walking partner on Saturday, we walk 6.2 miles. This usually takes 1.75 hours and I burn less than 600 calories for that walk.

To be honest, my fluid intake is very spotty. Some days I have to force myself to even drink 4 glasses and other days it is a breeze to 6-8. I generally don't go over 8 but for the most part, on a daily basis, it is closer to 4 glasses. :frown:
  • goldengirl28
    Options
    :) VLCD - Very Low calorie Diet ..............................i think i saw it written somewhere this is classed as eating below your BMR.

I would suggest trying yo get your 8 glasses in (i have herbal tea's to try to up the fluid as well)