Too heavy for JMBR?

Options
sphyxy
sphyxy Posts: 202 Member
Hi everyone. I am currently doing 30DS and would like to move into something new as soon as I finish. From what I can see this isn't as hardcore as p90x or insanity. I am wondering if I should wait until I lose more weight first though. I was curious if anyone attempted this at 275+ pounds? Should I try something easier next? I would feel silly modifying everything in JMBR if I am too overweight for it! I already have the program but don't want to jump in if it's not a good idea.

Replies

• gerbies
    gerbies Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    When I started JMBR, I was 250 lbs. I had just completed the program that was created prior to P90X, called Power 90 (which is way easier than P90X). I was able to do most of the moves and modified as needed. The fact that you've been doing 30ds, you will do fine. It's not a bad thing to modify. Many of the ladies on this board who are within 20 lbs of goal and have been working have had to make modifications. Just do YOUR best. The beauty of this program is that you'll see progression quickly. Also, as a plus, you almost don't want the program to be so easy you can complete everything as shown. You want to see opportunities to improve and goals to strive for; also, it will offer you opportunities to go through more than one 90-day cycle.

Good luck!
  • Kristina0202
    Kristina0202 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    If you can do 30DS then you can probably do this.
  • MrzBlessedLady
    MrzBlessedLady Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    You can always go at your own pace. I was doing Turbo Fire when I was at 300+ lbs, but I took it slow when I felt it was too fast for me. I'm gonna start JMBR next month, Im also doing the 30DS.
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,259 Member
    Options
    I started JMBR at 223lbs. As difficult as it is I am able to do the majority of the moves...sometimes at my pace and not Jillian's. I discovered after the first week the second week was a little easier. I would not let weight stop me. If I can do it...so can you. Again go at your own pace and you will see progression and results.
  • smiley245
    smiley245 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I dont think it would be too different from what she does in 30DS. Im on the kickstart week, day 2. It's not easy and I have to modify, but that pushes me to work harder and to try my best. :)
    She certainly knows how to make you sweat!
  • sphyxy
    sphyxy Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I did my last day of level 1 on 30DS and i decided to peek at level 2. Well the peek turned into me completing day 1 of level 2. I was so proud of myself! I think I'll try Body Revolution next (:
  • AzhureSnow
    AzhureSnow Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    If you can handle 30DS, then the first phase of this program shouldn't be too difficult for you. Honestly, workout 1 had me missing the challenge of levels 2-3 on 30DS. And by the time that first month is up, if you give it 100%, then you'll have lost another several pounds and be ready for the intense plyo and moves in the later phases. The only thing that would concern me about being very heavy and doing the program is the impact on knees and ankles. I have already lost almost 30 pounds, but I don't know if I could have handled a lot of jump moves or suicides or anything if I still had a lot of excess weight.
  • jaimebeth9
    Options
    I actually think this is one of the better programs for someone with a lot of weight to lose to do. You can go at your own pace and modify most moves. Also, don't be afraid to do each level for 3 weeks instead of 2. I've done this with good results.