First Half Marathon results!

Options
I just finished my first half marathon this morning. I'm pretty doggone proud of myself as I'm sure everyone is after finishing theirs!

I finished it in 1:53. About an 8:39 pace. The last 1.1 mile was the worst! I was so tired and it curves all over the park and up little hills, it was like, "C'MON, where's the freakin' finish line?!?!?!" LOL! But once I saw the line of spectators close to the finish line I sprinted it out. What an awesome adventure. On to the next one!

P.S. I said I was going to enjoy a nice cold beer after the race since I rarely drank during training...it was like the last thing I would have wanted to drink. I drank chocolate milk instead!

Replies

• SweatpantsRebellion
    SweatpantsRebellion Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. Very well done! That's a fantastic time. So what's your next adventure? lol
  • AuntNynah
    AuntNynah Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Such an excellent time for your first! I often see pictures of runners enjoying a beer after a race (this is Wisconsin after all) but I just can't imagine it! Maybe after a rest and a shower, THEN a beer. But right afterwards? No way! Chocolate milk sounds much better :-)
  • oonga
    oonga Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is an excellent time frame!!
  • ♥xenawarriorprincess♥
    Options
    I just finished my first half marathon this morning. I'm pretty doggone proud of myself as I'm sure everyone is after finishing theirs!

I finished it in 1:53. About an 8:39 pace. The last 1.1 mile was the worst! I was so tired and it curves all over the park and up little hills, it was like, "C'MON, where's the freakin' finish line?!?!?!" LOL! But once I saw the line of spectators close to the finish line I sprinted it out. What an awesome adventure. On to the next one!

P.S. I said I was going to enjoy a nice cold beer after the race since I rarely drank during training...it was like the last thing I would have wanted to drink. I drank chocolate milk instead!

You rock, love that time girlie...so proud of you and your pace was fantastic as well! Woohoo!
  • jdelot
    jdelot Posts: 397 Member
    Options

Congratulations! I knew you would kill 2 hours.
  • adjoa84
    adjoa84 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    under 2 hours?!?! thats my goal for my next one :-D
  • JulieWillRun
    Options
    Awesome! I ran mine 2 weeks ago in 2 hours 8 minutes about a 9:50 pace. Was so happy as it was hilly. Loved it and can't wait to do it again.
  • Givemewings
    Givemewings Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Amazing time!! Well done! I hope to run my first half next year...hope I can do it this fast. Any tips?
  • StrongerByTheMiles
    Options
    Awesome time!!!
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    Just finished my first half! 2:32 finish time. I was aiming for under 3:00!
  • jdelot
    Options
    Just finished my first half! 2:32 finish time. I was aiming for under 3:00!
    Great job!
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Congrats to those that have finished the half marathons! Especially those that completed their first -- and with such a great finishing time! You guys ROCK!! :drinker:
  • rockstargal629
    Options
    Congratulations!!! That's a great time for a first Half! What's your goal for the next?
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    My goal for my next is - go faster.
  • 987Runner
    987Runner Posts: 209
    Options
    Congratulations!!! That's a great time for a first Half! What's your goal for the next?

Actually, the same time. This half marathon was next to a river...it actually had an overall elevation loss. My next half marathon will be very hilly so I would be happy to get under 2hrs again. I suppose each time I do a repeat of a half marathon, I'd just like to improve each course time.
  • skinny4baby2
    Options
    WOW. I am hoping to be right around 2 hours for my first (a 9:10 pace is my goal), but BREAKING 2 hours is insane! You must have worked so hard!!! Way to go!
  • JS70
    JS70 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Great job! What an accomplishment! You guys are all such an inspiration!
  • EmHorn4
    EmHorn4 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Wow congrats, thats a great time! You should be really proud! I'm looking forward to my first half in August :bigsmile:
  • nmjellison
    nmjellison Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Holy Boats!! What a great first time!!
    I just did my first as well - I got 2:40:37 so I beat my goal. I also had runners high for about a week.
    Next step - 2nd half in August!! It is so much warmer now though so training is more challenging...but who doesn't like a challenge?!
  • jdelot
    Options
    Next step - 2nd half in August!! It is so much warmer now though so training is more challenging...but who doesn't like a challenge?!
    My 2nd half is in September. The training is tough this time around. The corn is sweating like crazy here in the heartland, so I have to run real early in the morning.