Weight loss with JMBR for someone who is not overweight

Options
I am halfway through the JMBR program now. Though am not overweight, would really like to lose about 5 - 10 pounds and tone up. I finished 30DS before starting JMBR, and lost only 1 pound, but lost about 6 inches. Now halfway thru JMBR, I have'nt lost any weight (though at the beginning of Phase 2, I saw a weight loss of 3 lbs but gained it all back now). Am waiting to measure myself next week, but I do feel like my clothes fit better.

I was expecting to see more dramatic results, so am a little disappointed. I do not follow the diet plan since am vegetarian, but trying to eat healthy. I have about 6 weeks left, so any suggestions to make the most of this program?

Replies

• jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    I have a similar amount to lose and found eating healthily wasn't enough to lose weight. I went to a dietician who gave me a portion control diet. At first portion sizes looked really small and I was limited to 2 pieces of fruit a day but I then worked out how many calories I was eating in fruit bi think I felt because it was healthy, I could eat loads. So have a think about your portion sizes perhaps.
  • jaimebeth9
    Options
    Perhaps you really don't have those 5-10 pounds to lose that you think you do. Check out this person who gained weight while getting toned. A pound of lean muscle takes up less space than a pound of fat, so you can stay the same weight and actually be smaller.

http://preview.tinyurl.com/85rkyzz
  • gerbies
    gerbies Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    With being so close to goal weight, you will not see the huge weight losses shown in her infomercial. What you will find, however, is a change in body composition. It's good you took measurements, because when you are so close to goal, this will be where you see changes. You might also consider getting your body fat % checked now and after you're done. This will also reflect your hard work. Like another poster noted, you could have easily lost fat and replaced with muscle, netting a flat difference, but changing your overall size and body composition. At the end of the day, this is what you want: a healthier, fitter body. The information on the scale is just a number.

You might also consider figuring out your Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR, which is the total calories your body needs if you laid in bed all day), your Total Daily Energy Expenditure (TDEE, which is the total calories you burn all day with any and all activity) and compare those numbers with what you're eating. As one gets close to goal, it's important to eat at least your BMR and create a deficit when compared to your TDEE. Though you lose slowly when you're close to goal, you can eat more and see body composition changes in a healthier way.

For example, if your BMR is 1400 and your TDEE (with your workouts), is 2500, you should eat at least 1400 calories, but below 2500 calories to lose weight. How much you dip below your TDEE will determine your weight loss. When you are close to goal and not eating enough, your body can react by not letting go of fat, retaining water, and using muscle mass for energy. You can find out these numbers by using a number of calculators available on line. I have heard this calculator is one of the most accurate: http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

Just some thoughts :).
  • poomash
    poomash Posts: 20
    Options
    Thank you All for the great suggestions! I should consider keeping the scale out of sight for a while, or ask my husband to hide it :)
  • aprrae
    aprrae Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Here's the advice Jillian herself sent out in her daily email from June 8th. I got these for the 1 month free trial to her website.

June 8, 2012:

How to Take Off Those Last 10 Pounds
    You know what I like to call those last 10 or 15 pounds that won't come off no matter what you do? Vanity pounds.
    The term describes our desire to lose weight that, as far as our bodies are concerned, actually feels healthy. Today's society pressures us to want to look a certain way, so for aesthetic reasons we try to be thinner than our bodies want us to be. Personally, I have gained and lost the same 8 vanity pounds more times than I care to admit.

Losing your first 50 pounds might have been tough, but believe me, dropping those final few stubborn pounds is a whole different challenge. The body struggles to hold on to that last bit of fat for survival purposes.

Now, don't get me wrong — you can lose the weight if you want to, but it will require you to muster a tremendous amount of restraint and willpower. If you're really up for it, do the following for 30 days:

Cut your sodium to 1,000 mg a day.
    Drink at least 80 ounces of water daily.
    Cut out processed foods.
    Abstain from alcohol.
    Train at 85 percent of your MHR (maximum heart rate) for 1 hour 5 times a week.
    You can do a lot in 30 days — in fact, I can pretty much guarantee you will lose at least 5 pounds. And you'll feel like a rock star!

JILLIAN'S TIP OF THE DAY

Reward Yourself

When you achieve your goals, find ways to treat yourself like a king or queen, but without resorting to food. Try relaxing and pampering yourself. Take a long bubble bath; treat yourself to a manicure or a massage; buy yourself a little something you've been wanting; give yourself time to read a book. By taking the time to look after yourself, you're reminding yourself AND stating to the world that you're worth it and that you know you deserve the best life has to offer.
  • pjsmom2010
    pjsmom2010 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hey aprrae, just an FYI you can get her emails for free. I get them also and as you know are full of great info. Just wanted to let you know in case you thought they would go away once your month is up. :)
  • poomash
    poomash Posts: 20
    Options
    Here's the advice Jillian herself sent out in her daily email from June 8th. I got these for the 1 month free trial to her website.

June 8, 2012:

How to Take Off Those Last 10 Pounds

Thank you so much for the post aprrae. That is definitely something I wanted to hear.
  • aprrae
    aprrae Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Mine stopped once the month expired. How do I get them?