What's for dinner?

Options

Replies

• VeganInTraining
    VeganInTraining Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    gonna make some taquitos today. I have lentils in the fridge that need to be used so I guess I'll be using those, maybe some potatos and salsa to fill them up....we'll see how they turn out :)
  • mamaclose
    mamaclose Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I made Oh She Glows Protein Power Goddess Bowl tonight, I only made half the recipe because I will be the only one eating it and I didn't want to waste food, but HOLY OMG BATMAN! I couldn't stop eating it, SO good!

http://ohsheglows.com/recipage/?recipe_id=6001820
  • SuperVegan8
    SuperVegan8 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Onion and mushroom brown rice risotto served inside a small (half) baked pumpkin with a side of cabbage and broccoli :) YUM!
  • KombuchaCat
    KombuchaCat Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Lasangne with spinach and cauliflower riccotta.
  • darkling_glory
    darkling_glory Posts: 239 Member
    Options
  • runcrissierun
    runcrissierun Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    chana dal chili, served on a corn tortilla and topped with tons of chopped veggies.
  • sunryzer
    sunryzer Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Tonight I'm experimenting with a veganised "cheesesteak" sandwich :)

2 servings:
    200g Redwood Vegideli meat-free "beef" (grilled)
    7 rashers Redwood Vegideli organic "bacon" (grilled)
    1/2 onion (foil wrapped and grilled - like you do on a BBQ)
    3 slices of Tofutti smooth cheddar style
    1 panini - lightly spread with Vitalite dairy-free spread
    Topped with a bit of sauce depending on my mood (either some smokey or chilli)

I've made something similar before using Fry's Polony instead of "beef" or "bacon" and that turned out well.

It's one of my higher calorie meals at 717kcal with 47g protein, 31g carbs and 42g fat.
  • MontagneGitane
    MontagneGitane Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Bumping for future reference. Thanks for all the great ideas!
  • jaimemariel
    jaimemariel Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Tonight I had roasted spaghetti squashed served in a spaghetti style with a sauce of marinara, st yves veggie ground, and onion and a red pepper. we had some leftover hotdog buns so we made garlic bread with it.
  • mamaclose
    mamaclose Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Red cabbage with chickpeas, tomatoes and bulgur.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/09/health/nutrition/09recipehealth.html
  • jaimemariel
    Options
    I took this recipe:

http://budgetbytes.blogspot.com/2012/06/miracle-mac-n-cheese-342-recipe-086.html

and made it vegan, with almond milk and galaxy vegan shreds and it was seriously, hands down, the best vegan mac and cheese i've had.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    amy's texas vegan veggie burger :) pretty good
  • jaimemariel
    Options
    dinner tonight is marinated and baked tofu, roasted cauliflower, glazed carrots, and brown rice seasoned in gunpowder tea!.
  • KauandMe
    KauandMe Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I've been doing a whole foods plant-based diet for almost a month, and this was my most successful meal so far...

Cucumber Raita (1 lb soft tofu, juice of 1.5 lemons, 1 T dill, 1 t salt, 1 cucumber, water...blend until smooth)
    Brown Rice
    Eggplant Curry w/ Coconut Milk
    Lentil Loaf http://blog.fatfreevegan.com/2012/04/dreenas-no-fu-love-loaf.html
  • darkling_glory
    darkling_glory Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Last night, I made a fantastic kale-vegetable soup. Super easy!

Ingredients
    1 tbs olive oil
    1 small yellow onion chopped
    3 garlic cloves chopped
    2 celery stalks (including leafy tops) chopped
    2 carrots peeled and chopped
    1 small yellow squash chopped into half moons
    1 can petite diced tomatoes
    1 can northern white beans
    4 cups stemmed and choppped kale (one bunch)
    1 quart vegetable stock
    red pepper flakes
    salt
    pepper
    oregano

Directions

Saute onion and garlic in olive oil until fragrant. Add in carrots and celery and cook until starting to soften up and onions are halfway transluscent.

Add in tomatoes with their juice and scrap the bottom of your pot with your spoon to loosen any onion or garlicky bits.

Add in squash, beans, kale and vegetable stock. You can use a little extra water if you like yours more soupy. I like mine thicker. The kale is perfect here since it doesn't get as mush as spinach.

Season with red pepper (about 1 tsp), salt, pepper and oregano.

Cover and simmer 20 minutes or until you can't wait any longer!
  • SammieGetsFit
    SammieGetsFit Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • redcat17
    redcat17 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Last night I made soft tacos with tofu, pinto beans, onions, red peppers, mushrooms, and a chopped up chipotle pepper. I put the filling in some blue corn tortillias with a bit of Follow Your Heart nacho-style "cheese" and topped them with home made guacamole.
  • jaimemariel
    Options
    I made this!

http://www.familyfreshcooking.com/2012/01/30/spaghetti-squash-thai-peanut-sauce-recipe/

Spaghetti squash is a peanut coconut milk sauce. Made it vegan by omitting the fish sauce. So filling!
  • VeganDoc
    VeganDoc Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Tonight's dinner was shiritake noodles, organic fat free low sodium tomato basil sauce, and Daiya mozzarella shreds baked in the oven, with toasted homemade 100% whole wheat bread rubbed with minced garlic. Yumness.
  • metalvegan
    metalvegan Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I'll share my dinner from last night because It was awesome! We just got a grill and used it for the first time. We made grilled tempeh, corn on the cob with olive oil and paprika, and veggie skewers with mushrooms, onions, bell peppers, and pineapple.

Also, holy crap, I am glad I found this group because I am stealing all of your meal ideas. I've gotten into a non-cooking-just-heat-and-prepare rut and you all have such amazing sounding meals. Yeah, I'm stealing for sure :D