just joined

Options
Thank you for accepting me and I am looking forward to losing 30 lbs .

Replies

• kpmom913
    kpmom913 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I too have just joined.....I am looking to lose at least 50 pounds....nice to have partners in crime!!
  • Chula1967
    Chula1967 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Ditto, also joined last week and trying to lose at least 40 to 45 #'s.... geezzzzzz....
  • Ely0418
    Ely0418 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I started around a week ago, I'm trying to lose 70 pounds
  • amandaha74
    Options
    I would like to lose 14Ibs to kickstart me into action - I now realise why working mums get fat - too much to do and not enough time - so I have gotten myself a cross-trainer and a pal told me about this site - it's great and free (even better)!
  • eatnclean
    eatnclean Posts: 5
    Options
    hi i just joined..thanks for having me:flowerforyou: ...im trying to get all my numbers down as in: blood pressure...blood sugar...weight..cholestrol...im trying to lose 50 lbs..:heart: .nice to know others are working on it too, one day at a time:happy:
  • betsym3
    betsym3 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    This looks like a realistic group to join. I have 80 lbs to lose and often set my goals too high, and then fail. One pound a week sounds realistic. If I lose more that is a bonus. In one year from now I could be 50 pounds lighter if I could just stick to this goal. I am 55 years old and need to do this for my health as well as to feel and look better. I need to watch my cholesterol too. So far the blood pressure is not high, but it is higher than 10 years ago. Count me in!
  • kcox4166
    kcox4166 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I just joined MFP 20 days ago and have been logging in and checking the message boards to see how it works. This group seems right for me because my goal is one pound a week and more activity. I've been a little confused because other people are talking about 1200 calories a day-My calorie goal is 1900. Do they just have higher goals for weight loss?
  • missia15
    missia15 Posts: 2
    Options
    Also just joined. Trying to get in shape for baby, want to get my cholesterol and blood pressure down. I'm pretty short at 5'2'' and I've got around 25 pounds to lose.
  • missia15
    missia15 Posts: 2
    Options
    I think your height and weight factor into your daily allowed calorie intake. I'm short, I've got 25 pounds to lose and I'm at 1330 cal for each day.