Want to be 40 and FIT not 40 and FAT

Options
I am ready to be fit.. I am ready to be something other then fat and weak. I am starting this journey AGAIN today.. I need all the support I can get!

Replies

• christinastokes3
    christinastokes3 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you!! I put my foot down last month and have had success so far. This time its leaving me for good!
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I hear you! You can do it :smile:
  • Melissak2u
    Options
    :heart: Good Luck! This site is GREAT!! Love the AP! Makes it easy to track all that you eat,
    and also lets you ad your exercise! I am NOT on a diet!! I am regaining my fitness & health!
    I am on wk. 2!! Lost my projected 1ILB AWESOME! :smile:
  • dschavers
    dschavers Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Good luck and welcome. This site will help you more than you know!!! 40 and Fabulous is the way to go. :)
  • capricorn0120
    capricorn0120 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Everyone here is wonderful and offer so much support and encouragement. They've gotten me through many hurdles. Being in our 40's there are more obsticles and it makes it harder to lose weight but don't be discouraged. You can do it.
  • FitnFabMichelle
    FitnFabMichelle Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    YOU CAN DO IT! Just don't give up. Ever. Keep on working. Even when you slip. Dust yourself off and start again. And again. And again, if you have to.
  • jlohcook
    jlohcook Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    You can do it, you are already taking the first step here! We are here for you.
  • catpow2
    catpow2 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    You can do it. You just took the first step. One step at a time.
  • dperich1968
    dperich1968 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I am determined my 40's will be my best decade. :) I love this site/app and it has helped me maintain my goals. :)
  • KateL1969
    KateL1969 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Our 40s is the decade we reach our potential. GO FOR IT!
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Age is not a reason to be unfit - I'm 40 and stronger and fitter than I was 20 years ago. At the age of 20, I couldn't do a single pull up. These days, I can do clap pull ups. :-D
  • tamilynn2008
    tamilynn2008 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm a new girl too! Wanting to be the best me I can possibly be inside and out! One day at a time. What a great place for support. I could use some new friends too....please add me. Thanks a bunch and best of luck to you all :)
  • Cabrinii
    Cabrinii Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I lost 2 pounds this week. It's a good start.
  • kimmcphail
    Options
    Good for you. Best of luck!
  • iwanttobestrongagain
    Options
    I'm with you on this one! I really let myself go over the last few years after being healthy and fit for so many years before. I said to my friend yesterday, I don't want to be the older woman who has to use the scooter around the store because of how unfit I am. I'm more on a path to become as strong as I can be, weight loss along the way is an added incentive!
  • dreamz1968
    dreamz1968 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I hear you ! Forty is a great time! And even when challenged with so much to do the support of other women does help to keep going. We are in it together!
  • Nikster40
    Nikster40 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I think 40 now is the time for me and I determined to make it so.
    Keep at it and you can add me as a friend for the moral support :D
  • NatashaRuz
    NatashaRuz Posts: 223
    Options
    So cool to see other 40-somethings banding together :)

44 here, and putting my foot down too. Well on the road to being healthy first and foremost. Losing weight will come with that.